Menu

Am I the ONLY MMA fan on the boards???

I'm not a fan, but I usually end up watching because my DH likes it. I often have to leave the room at some point during a fight, even if I'm not actually watching (I'm usually working on my laptop). I just DON'T GET IT. I did enjoy watching the show DH likes where the two guys travel around and spend a week learning about the various martial arts dominant in different regions and countries.

I think it's fine for you to like it though--whatever you find interesting, right? Everyone's different. From a nature vs. nurture perspective, I do understand why people like that kind of thing. I just can't find that part of myself, I guess :lol: I think I get enough adrenaline from my daily life and stress. I tend to avoid anything on TV that creates more.

cause our bill was just too large.

Cote is going to get stomped but I am glad he has got his chance at the title. Hope Thiago wins. I don't know who else is on the fight card.

The one fight I might pay for is Nogueira/Mir, Henderson/Franklin, and Silva/Jackson bout.

My kiddo trains MMA. He is gonna be a great fighter someday. I already have his walkout song picked out.

Did you hear EliteXC went under?

What does MMA stand for?

Mixed Martial Arts.

I am not a fan but dp LOVES it, so I will join him for the beginning tonight (mainly because I want pizza too). One of dp's good friends, and the guy's wife love it as well, so they always come over for the fights.

cause our bill was just too large.

Cote is going to get stomped but I am glad he has got his chance at the title. Hope Thiago wins. I don't know who else is on the fight card.

The one fight I might pay for is Nogueira/Mir, Henderson/Franklin, and Silva/Jackson bout.

My kiddo trains MMA. He is gonna be a great fighter someday. I already have his walkout song picked out.

Did you hear EliteXC went under?

That is so exciting about your son!!!! He should get on the Ultimate Fighter Show someday! So you gotta tell me what his song is!

Yeah, Cote is gonna get stomped...Silva is pretty much unstoppable. What an amazing athlete!

BUT....I hope Koscheck wins!!! I know he's not popular with most but I dig him for some reason. Also, UFC 91 has Couture vs. Lesnar which ought to be interesting and I want to see Amir Sadollah fight since dh and I never miss the Ultimate Fighter show. And UFC 92 is going to be AWESOME.

I'm glad Elite XC went under in a way. I thought it was a trashier version of UFC and that whole Kimbo Slice fiasco was just embarassing. Dana White won't even pick him up.

Well, fights will be starting soon.....

We ARE TOTAL fans!! Hubby is a brown belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu. Ds just started BJJ and has been training Muay Thai since he was 5 years old. I use to train BJJ and had a blue belt but quit when I became pregnant with ds.

We usually watch UFC at our house or our friends. We didn't watch Silva and Cote because we're not fans of Elite(something). Brandon Vera use to train where dh and ds train now until he moved to CA. It's nice to know some homeschooling mama(s), MMA fans (and WTM too! yay!).

Edited by daisychics

I love MMA! Last night was thoroughly disappointing.

To say the least. I was disappointed in the way Silva danced arouns and just generally goofed off for the first two rounds while Cote seemed to be doing all the work. Then for Cote's knee to give out...

Personally, I think they should scrap that fight and have a rematch when Cote is healed. Silva did not deserve a win for that. At least some of the undercard fights were better.

We ARE TOTAL fans!! Hubby is a brown belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu. Ds just started BJJ and has been training Muay Thai since he was 5 years old. I use to train BJJ and had a blue belt but quit when I became pregnant with ds.

We usually watch UFC at our house or our friends. We didn't watch Silva and Cote because we're not fans of Elite(something). Brandon Vera use to train where dh and ds train now until he moved to CA. It's nice to know some homeschooling, MMA fans out there (and WTM too! yay!).

That is very cool that your ds and dh train. My dh is big into weight-lifting and strong man sports and he turned me on to MMA. Now I think I like it more than he does. :D

I don't know what you mean about the Silva fight, though. They fought in the UFC not Elite XC (which went under last week...thank goodness).

That is very cool that your ds and dh train. My dh is big into weight-lifting and strong man sports and he turned me on to MMA. Now I think I like it more than he does. :D

I don't know what you mean about the Silva fight, though. They fought in the UFC not Elite XC (which went under last week...thank goodness).

Oh wow! I guess I read it wrong. :D I guess we missed that one. Dd had her ballerina party yesterday so I guess I'm a bit out of it. One more year for her and she'll be able to train with big brother. I can't believe dh did not mention it last nite. I usually just go along with him.

Hey, EliteXC had some great fights (mostly the women fights). My favorite was Cung Lee against Shamrock. It was nice to see a person with a TKD background (Cung Lee) actually win. He kicked Shamrock's arm so hard, he broke it. Usually TKD people get clobbered.