Menu

Hive Cooking Masters: What to do with my biscuit dough?

RootAnn

So, I let myself get distracted this morning & made baking powder biscuit dough without the salt & baking powder.  :leaving:

I got all the way to the rolling-out stage before I realized my mistake. I plopped the dough into the fridge and started over.

What can I do with the dough from the first batch? Any creative ideas to salvage it?

I'm thinking of turning it into little mini-pie crusts if y'all don't come up with something better.  :crying:

Pies. If it were just the salt it'd be easy to fix but the baking powder is going to be problematic. 

You can also roll it thin, sprinkle it with grated cheese and poppyseeds, and then bake it. Or you can roll it thin, sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar, and then bake it. 

If you feel ambitious, you can dissolve some yeast in warm water, add an equal amount of flour, and let sit until very bubbly.  Then pat out the dough on a board, spread the wet yeast dough onto it, roll it together, knead it up and let it rise.  When you punch it down, it will be perfect for pizza dough.

Oooh! All good ideas. DH suggested frying it. I used about half of it so far for little apple pie crusts. My oldest said it was like (apple) cinnamon rolls.

I have enough to make Farrar's idea if my menu plans are flexible enough tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm going to do the cheese topped idea for lunch tomorrow for the kids. (They'd prefer the cinnamon idea, but they have plenty of dessert & candy from today.)

Thank you!!!