Menu

Unsinkable

DawnM

Dang, Dawn, you scared me. I was afraid you were going to have some bad news or something. 

I'm glad unsinkable is apparently just talkative.  :)

Oh gosh!  I am so sorry!

She is fine.....I think! Are  you fine Unsinkable?

I emptied out some threads a bit ago and got a PM saying, "Why did you delete our conversation?  Did I offend you?"

I had no idea people could tell.

I felt awful because there was no offense, I just needed more ROOM!

Oh gosh! I am so sorry!

She is fine.....I think! Are you fine Unsinkable?

I'm OK. Same-same.

I emptied out some threads a bit ago and got a PM saying, "Why did you delete our conversation? Did I offend you?"

I had no idea people could tell.

I felt awful because there was no offense, I just needed more ROOM!

Yeah, that's what happens. If one person leaves the conversation, it says, you can no longer reply. XYZ has left the conversation.

If no one leaves, you can keep one PM with the same person for...years, I guess. :lol:

I think you get 100, but each PM is counted as one.

So if you and I reply back and forth WITHIN the same PM a dozen times, and don't start a new one, that counts as 1.

I think.

Yes.  

So if someone contacts you regularly, for you boardies out there that like to PM people, keep sending through the same one and it only takes up one PM slot.  If you start a new one each time you are taking up multiple PM slots.  The PM messages can go on for years.  No time limit as long at they don't restructure the board.  When the PM meter is ticking up it isn't the size of the messages that is ticking up, it is the number of slots taken.

ETA:  Not that I seem to get my PM box filled up on a regular basis or anything.... :lol:

Edited by OneStepAtATime
  • Like 1

It's totally fine! I was half joking and should have added a smiley face!

Well, we could spread some rumors!  

That might be fun!

Haven't heard from her......thinking she ran off with the UPS man!  

Edited by DawnM

I think you get 100, but each PM is counted as one.

So if you and I reply back and forth WITHIN the same PM a dozen times, and don't start a new one, that counts as 1.

I think.

Well, given that yours is always full, maybe you aren't the one to ask. ðŸ˜

:eek: The UPS guy??? :eek:

I always figured she was a tramp.

I mean, the Fed Ex guy, sure. But UPS??? :svengo:

:D

Brown does logistics. That's a turn-on for some of us.

• Like 2

Goodness!

Have you people forgot you are looking at the Head of Homeland Security?!?!

This is not a mere dog. This is a dog who has successful prevented any and all Letter Carriers from entering the premises for the

LAST NINE YEARS!

These Letter Carriers attempt to breach security on a near daily basis, and it is only his Constant Vigilance that drives them away.

UPS? FedEx? They are no challenge! They show up sporadically, and they depart (fearfully, the HHS adds) without even attempting to climb the steps!

He'd scoff at lame biscuit ploy!

• Like 6

How many letter carriers are we talking about here? Five? Seven? Every letter carrier within a 5 county radius? Nine years is a long time. He has never slipped up, not even once? In nine years? Not even for, say... I don't know... maybe a certain UPS driver that Dawn mentioned earlier?

These details matter when it comes to something as important as the Head of Homeland Security. And they also determine whether or not we get to keep calling you a tramp. :D

• Like 1

Goodness!

Have you people forgot you are looking at the Head of Homeland Security?!?!

This is not a mere dog. This is a dog who has successful prevented any and all Letter Carriers from entering the premises for the

LAST NINE YEARS!

These Letter Carriers attempt to breach security on a near daily basis, and it is only his Constant Vigilance that drives them away.

UPS? FedEx? They are no challenge! They show up sporadically, and they depart (fearfully, the HHS adds) without even attempting to climb the steps!

He'd scoff at lame biscuit ploy!

Ok, fine.  So the affair is not with the letter carrier, the UPS guy, or the FedEx guy.

Hmmmm.......personal trainer?   Music Teacher.

Cat, what do you think???

• Like 1

Ok, fine. So the affair is not with the letter carrier, the UPS guy, or the FedEx guy.

Hmmmm.......personal trainer? Music Teacher.

Maybe it's the guy at the Post Office

It makes sense. The mailman can't get to her house to deliver the mail, so she goes to him.... and her poor unsuspecting husband buys into the whole sordid affair because, hey, they need their mail and the Head of Homeland Security keeps attacking the mail carriers...

Oh, the tangled web she weaves. :eek:

I'm on Team Tramp.

• Like 1

How many letter carriers are we talking about here? Five? Seven? Every letter carrier within a 5 county radius? Nine years is a long time. He has never slipped up, not even once? In nine years? Not even for, say... I don't know... maybe a certain UPS driver that Dawn mentioned earlier?

These details matter when it comes to something as important as the Head of Homeland Security. And they also determine whether or not we get to keep calling you a tramp. :D

You being you, you obviously don't know Dog Math. I'll take this slow.

9 years is 3 times 3 years. Bacon. Letters Carriers equal THREAT LEVEL MIDNIGHT. Bark. Barkbarkbark. Good boy. DogCheese.

Therefore...in total, =

ALL the LETTER CARRIERS!

• Like 1

Wait, if you are just trying to start a rumor about why I'm not here, can't it be something besides an affair? Maybe something fun and not sordid...or at least only semi-sordid or fractionally sordid?

Ok, fine. So the affair is not with the letter carrier, the UPS guy, or the FedEx guy.

Hmmmm.......personal trainer? Music Teacher.

Maybe it's the guy at the Post Office

It makes sense. The mailman can't get to her house to deliver the mail, so she goes to him.... and her poor unsuspecting husband buys into the whole sordid affair because, hey, they need their mail and the Head of Homeland Security keeps attacking the mail carriers...

Oh, the tangled web she weaves. :eek:

I'm on Team Tramp.

• Like 1

You being you, you obviously don't know Dog Math. I'll take this slow.

9 years is 3 times 3 years. Bacon. Letters Carriers equal THREAT LEVEL MIDNIGHT. Bark. Barkbarkbark. Good boy. DogCheese.

Therefore...in total, =

ALL the LETTER CARRIERS!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It is with great shame that I must admit that you're right.

I don't know Dog Math. :(

But are you including your "special" letter carrier in that group? The one you meet at the post office to "pick up your mail?" ;)

• Like 1

Wait, if you are just trying to start a rumor about why I'm not here, can't it be something besides an affair? Maybe something fun and not sordid...or at least only semi-sordid or fractionally sordid?

Ok, we'll consider it. But we're going to need some suggestions because otherwise we'll end up right back at sordid.

Ok.

Unsinkable is off cruising the world in her new 250 ft. yacht with her millions.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It is with great shame that I must admit that you're right.

I don't know Dog Math. :(

But are you including your "special" letter carrier in that group? The one you meet at the post office to "pick up your mail?" ;)

There is probably some subculture, somewhere, where "pick up the mail" is a sexual euphemism and it's making me LOL.

• Like 2

There is probably some subculture, somewhere, where "pick up the mail" is a sexual euphemism and it's making me LOL.

Like amongst 17yo boys, who seem to think everything from "time to call the pizza guy" to "I have to snake out the pipes" is an innuendo? Of course, I have "making TeA," so I shouldn't talk.

• Like 1

Like amongst 17yo boys, who seem to think everything from "time to call the pizza guy" to "I have to snake out the pipes" is an innuendo? Of course, I have "making TeA," so I shouldn't talk.

Exactly.

I'm sure if it's a thing, people will let us know, "MY kids have been using "pick up the mail" for years! It's nothing new!"

:lol:

• Like 1

Exactly.

I'm sure if it's a thing, people will let us know, "MY kids have been using "pick up the mail" for years! It's nothing new!"

:lol:

:iagree:

I hate it when someone starts a thread to tell people about something new she just heard, and people have to prove they're the Cool Moms so they immediately start one-upping her and saying they have not only heard it, but they used to use it themselves, but now nobody says it any more. :glare:

• Like 1

I hate it when someone starts a thread to tell people about something new she just heard, and people have to prove they're the Cool Moms so they immediately start one-upping her and saying they have not only heard it, but they used to use it themselves, but now nobody says it any more. :glare:

Right? Lol

• Like 1

Yeah, it's not like the US isn't over 3.7 million square miles! We can't expect instant adoption of trendy phrases every where at once.

I am not even close to Cool Mom status.

I actually looking UP a few levels at Dork Mom status and wondering if I can get there or if I'm shooting to high.

Edit: obviously shooting TOO high. I'll just leave my typos...and uh, leave...

Edited by unsinkable
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's not like the US isn't over 3.7 million square miles! We can't expect instant adoption of trendy phrases every where at once.

I am not even close to Cool Mom status.

I actually looking UP a few levels at Dork Mom status and wondering if I can get there or if I'm shooting too high.

Set the bar low; that's what I always say.