Menu

22-year old found strangled

Bootsie

22-year old woman was found strangled in her bathroom on Monday just down the street from me.  I feel bad saying the constant stream of police cars, news reporters, and even helicopters filming from above is exhausting.  I can't imagine what your family must be experiencing.  This occurred a couple of blocks from a college campus; the police have not commented about whether they think the perpetrator was known to the victim.  The young woman was not  a student at the university, but given her age and the proximity, all of my students are on edge, also.  

Oh how awful!!! I hope they have found the perpetrator.

A few years back we had a terrible tragedy down the street involving some friends. Our neighborhood had various news crews from sun up to sun down for about 3 weeks straight, then it trickled off eventually. I even had a few reporters knock on my door for interviews/comments. It was traumatic to our entire neighborhood and took a long time for me to get over because you can't stop thinking about it every.single.time. you drive by or even look out your window. So, big hugs, it's going to be emotionally exhausting. Just when you get your mind off it, you see another news crew camped out.

I lived in an apartment complex once where a woman violently murdered her husband.

The police and media attention were definitely exhausting.

And then my XH's aunt wouldn't come to our apartment because she felt it was unsafe ("Don't worry, Aunt Jenny, they took the crazy murdering lady to jail, I promise.")

I lived in an apartment complex once where a woman violently murdered her husband.

The police and media attention were definitely exhausting.

And then my XH's aunt wouldn't come to our apartment because she felt it was unsafe ("Don't worry, Aunt Jenny, they took the crazy murdering lady to jail, I promise.")

Because no one is sure whether she knew the killer or not, and whoever it is is still out there, everyone is uneasy.  But, those on my street are probably the safest they ever have been, between constant police presence and news camera crews taping, right now.