Menu

Help Me Identify this European Candy

Paige

My DH brought the kids back some candy from a trip to Germany. One of my DDs said she loved it so much she wanted to marry it. I'm trying to find it to buy her some more, but unfortunately she ate them all and I can't remember what it was and my internet searching is not coming up with anything. Maybe the candy was sold in Germany but isn't German. 

What it is:

Individually wrapped squares. They are wrapped like a present and not like in a little baggie. They are brightly and deeply colored in colors like red, blue, green, gold- sort of like Christmas shades or jewel shades and not primary or pastels. 

They are not Haribo, but are a gummy texture. It's a soft gummy, and not hard like a bear.

They are fruit flavored and the colors of the wrapping differ according to flavor. I'm not sure about the fruit flavors but maybe apple, blueberry, raspberry, etc. They weren't mixes of fruits. 

Any ideas? When I search German gummy candy all I get are Haribo or fruit slices and these are nothing like that. Her birthday is coming up and I want to surprise her. 

I was able to find that peppermint mousse recipe a few months ago; perhaps I found the candy too? I don't know where it's sold though.

Wedding-Gift-Fruity-Sugar-Coated-Jelly-S

• Like 2

I was able to find that peppermint mousse recipe a few months ago; perhaps I found the candy too? I don't know where it's sold though.

Well, the packaging is the right colors, but they had blue too. And it wasn't wrapped in a ribbon, and they were more rectangular than cubed. So not the same candy, but very similar. I think the candies themselves were also more muted in color. They were all kind of a dull color inside the package. 

I will scour the area around DH's stash and see if I can find another one he may have forgotten or misplaced to take a photo of. It's driving me crazy. I thought for sure this would be an easy assignment for the hive! 

I may get some of the suggestions and see if DD likes them just as much or more. I didn't find the candy particularly exciting myself. 

Well, the packaging is the right colors, but they had blue too. And it wasn't wrapped in a ribbon, and they were more rectangular than cubed. So not the same candy, but very similar. I think the candies themselves were also more muted in color. They were all kind of a dull color inside the package. 

I will scour the area around DH's stash and see if I can find another one he may have forgotten or misplaced to take a photo of. It's driving me crazy. I thought for sure this would be an easy assignment for the hive! 

I may get some of the suggestions and see if DD likes them just as much or more. I didn't find the candy particularly exciting myself. 

Darn, I thought I had it! I would be checking garbage cans for wrappers ;)

• Like 1