Menu

The Teachers Lounge 2-28-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!

Just arrived home about 9:30/10:00 last night!

Anyone's schedule for today changed already? Here: ours. We were supposed to go on a school field trip to the Renaissance Festival today but it's been raining, practically non-stop, since noon yesterday, according to my husband. So, I think we'll stay at home today (give me a chance to rest, too!) and take part in the second school day on Thursday.

Any other adventures planned for the next 5 or 6 weeks? Here: I was planning on going to the Tucson Festival of Books in just under two weeks. It's the largest, FREE writers conference in the nation. Miles of books and many, many writing workshops. Have yet to attend and really wanted to go this year. BUT found out there is something I would MUCH rather spend my money on come April 1. So now I have to figure out something different to do ON my birthday (which is when I planned to go to the TFOB).

Who's planning on a possible nap later today? Here: ME! Yesterday was a long day of travel!

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 1

Morning Scrap.

Well, my plans for today are going to be dependent on how I feel. I was fine yesterday morning, but then late yesterday afternoon I wasn't feeling good, so I spent some time in bed too tired to even read, and then I went to bed before 8:30. Doing a little better today after 10.5 hours of sleep, but, need to see how things go. Tuesdays are busy with OT/Speech and swim&gym, so, not sure I'll manage all of that, and definitely not sure I'll manage more than that. 

I was thinking we should maybe go to the zoo when the weather is nice (we had nice weather last week, but it was early spring break so I just let the kids play at the playground with all the kids who didn't have school that week - well, at least my oldest - my youngest spent the first few days feeling sick). I've also been thinking I need to see if there's anything fun in Rochester or something (other than the museum of play), since I have an audiobook I want to finish. :)

So, anyway, quite possible nap later today, but not looking forward to that - I want to feel good and energetic, not like I have some low-grade fever and mild snottiness and all wiped out. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

My plans haven't changed except adding a trip to the library to drop off a book due today. :) Other than that it's a normal Tuesday: school, story/craft hour, school, lunch, park, music, scouts.  We'll get home for good about 9pm.

We do have 2 field trips this week, though, to the zoo and an outdoor exploration.  We had friends bail on a trip last week to a nifty spot outside of town so in the coming weeks we'll hit that up, too.

• Like 2

Morning Scrap

I missed your posts while you were gone.  I hope you had a good trip.  Where did you go?

No field trips this week.  I have 3 sick kids currently.  We need to get healthy and stay that way.  We have been nothing but sick in 2017.   All kids got a cold on vacation, turned into a stomach bug for the youngest.

got home and all kids got sick again.

Then all kids got the flu me included.  We just got over that and now 3 kids and i have cold.  oh and now one kid started throwing up right now.  Perfect.

I want to get healthy and start getting some field trips in.  

• Like 1

Luuknam, I hope you get to feeling better! Maybe today it's best just to aim for what's already scheduled: the appointments and swim & gym.

If that proves to be too much, cut it in half if you can. You won't do anyone any good if you push too hard while you're body is clearly fighting something.

HomeAgain, you have a FULL day ahead of you! Wow!  

Since I don't have any lessons planned for today because we were supposed to be on a field trip, I think we'll clear out the pantry, per my husband's request. And maybe we'll spend some time actually planning cosplay for when we go to the RenFest on Thursday. And somewhere in there I'll nap, maybe.

• Like 1

mommyoffive, Oi! I bet you're about DONE with virus-fighting!

Some suggestions for fighting the cold: Airborne! It's helped me quite a bit before. AND gargling with a couple drops

of oregano oil (found at GNC, Hi-health, etc) in about 4 oz of water is great for clearing congestion! It's INTENSE but it

really does help clear out any congestion for a few hours! I don't recommend giving it to anyone younger than 10, though,

due to the intensity. For the youngers, chewing on a leaf or two of fresh oregano might help.

I'm praying I don't get sick by the end of the week! There was a man on the 2nd leg of my flight last night, 5 seats over, who 

had a productive cough. He tried to cough towards his window but I don't know that he covered all that well!  :glare:

For those that don't know, I was in the Midwest, helping my stepdad with my mom, while the caregiver took some time off.

• Like 1

Welcome back, Scrap!

Change of plans None here (yet?!). A quiet day at home. Rainy here too. 

Adventures Our calendar is pretty uncluttered in March and that will be so nice. February was crazy! Looking forward to some yard work, lots of playing outside with friends and just downtime. Maybe even some dinners grilled out. We are not traveling for Spring Break because we are saving for other things. A trip to the zoo is likely very soon. 

Nap I have been early to bed lately, so no nap today. But maybe some quiet time to read and sip hot tea. 

• Like 2

So, I did take a nap, and I dreamt that I had a spy ring, with a camera and a tiny video screen. And I made some stealthy escape through some jungle gym like playground stuff. 

Skipped Celery's gym but did take them to OT/Speech and the rest of swim&gym. I had them do some Dutch, and Broccoli that a bunch of Reading Eggspress and Mathseeds (Celery didn't want to, but did read through some Murderous Maths while I was asleep, I think). I still have a headache, though not as bad as earlier.

Hi, everyone! Good to see the thread, even if it is late tonight. 

My plans didn't change today. School and taking ds to swim tonight were all that was on the agenda. 

Adventures:

Dd comes home for spring break this weekend, and we're hoping to find something fun to do over the weekend. I am going to work for IEW at the Greenville homeschool convention the next weekend. If any of you go, you could come by and meet in person! Dh's spring break is the first week of April, and we're going to Ohio to see his family. Hopefully we'll find some fun things to do there, too. 

I rarely take naps, so no.