Menu

Warning: Don't call me at 6:30 in the morning!

Seriously, when someone places an ad in the paper with stuff for sale, you REALLY don't need to call at 6:30am. My phone has been ringing for nearly 3 hours -- and I'm ready for a nap!

was it are really good deal?

My kids get me up at that hour but I don't think you should call someone you don't know before 9 or after 9 at night.

I know most papers usually charge by the line but you could try placing an ad iin craigs list and specify the hrs you accept calls on the item?

Well, just to show some sympathy--our phone number is just one number difference from the hospital so we get wrong number calls at all hours. We just had one on Saturday that left a grouchy message on our machine because we didn't answer the phone to give her directions(to the hospital!):lol: We have started to turn off our phone during the hours we do not want calls. Maybe you will have to do that next time you place an ad. Sorry you had rude callers! Hope you get a nap.:001_smile:

that is just SO rude.

Our neighbor called us while we were on vacation in CA. Here in NH it is 3 hours ahead, but she clearly knew that. She's a science teacher! And I had reminded her of the time difference before we left. Previously we had issues with her calling before 7:00 on a regular basis. After she awoke our family at 5:30 a.m. and didn't apologize, I felt it necessary to sever ties with her. It was even easier when I came home and learned she had abused my animals and took my car out. I don't know what else she did in my house, but I even think she may have had a party.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm rambling. :tongue_smilie:

That is quite rude. If I had been thinking fast enough I would have said it was sold until the clock was a more decent hour, then sold it to the first person who waited until it was appropriate to call. Just to reward them...of course everyone would be none the wiser.

But, that is just me feeling spiteful today. Maybe *I* need to go back to bed. :leaving:

So far, we've sold half of what we listed (we still have a 27" TV Armoire for $50 and a Neon "OPEN" sign left from this week's postings). We sold the girl's furniture and the riding mower -- the main causes for all the early phone calls.

But, every time I lie down to take a nap, the phone rings... ugh. So, I'm working anyway.

Well, just to show some sympathy--our phone number is just one number difference from the hospital so we get wrong number calls at all hours. We just had one on Saturday that left a grouchy message on our machine because we didn't answer the phone to give her directions(to the hospital!):lol: We have started to turn off our phone during the hours we do not want calls. Maybe you will have to do that next time you place an ad. Sorry you had rude callers! Hope you get a nap.:001_smile:

I would make part of my "leave a message" message something to the effect that this is not the hospital. Both so the person doesn't call back and because if it really is an emergency, it would be nice for them to know that they have the wrong number. If they are dealing with an emergency, they might not be thinking very clearly. :)

That must be the Free Lance Star....I know on Wednesday they have a special edition that goes out and my sister told me people will call that early to make sure they are the first one.

I told her I wouldn't even count the messages of the calls before 9am.

I feel your pain.....

That must be the Free Lance Star....I know on Wednesday they have a special edition that goes out and my sister told me people will call that early to make sure they are the first one.

I told her I wouldn't even count the messages of the calls before 9am.

I feel your pain.....

Yup! Free Lance Star. This is the first time I've ever done their free, $50 & under free listing.

It probably wouldn't have been too bad, but being PG and apparently sick has me in a pretty uncharitable mood (I started running a fever yesterday, so my eyes are burning, in addition to the baby using my bladder as a trampoline, not having a working toilet downstairs, and what I'm beginning to suspect is an ear infection, since the whole side of my head hurts, my left lymph node is swollen, etc. Oh, the joys!)