Menu

The Ski Lodge (aka Teachers Lounge) 1-27-2017

scrapbookbuzz

May it be a FANTASTIC Friday!

Pardon me if I move a little slowly today. I'm experiencing the effects of taking tae kwon do class last night.

Had a blast and my muscles are talking to me this morning! We even used the sahng-bon, I think it's called. More or less a long stick! Those exercises really worked the oblique muscles and the triceps. Plus, because of the stance (the way we had to stand), my legs are feeling it too! Woohoo!  :D

What's going on with you today? Here: eye appointment this morning, kids to theatre class (called MoezArt, yes it's a play on words), some lesson planning, some writing (trying to get a short story thriller done), and then attending a MoezArt community theater musical.  :auto:

Anyone else's muscles talking to them this morning? Here: see above!

Who here recycles? Here: sadly, we don't. BUT I was thinking either yesterday or the day before, starting with trying to encourage myself to eat better and drink more water, that within those two actions, I can focus on producing as little waste as possible. Meaning, when I eat more food in it's whole or natural state, I will produce less garbage/waste. I can eat an orange and it's peel can be used for compost. Or even if I do throw it in the dumpster, it's biodegradable. When I drink more water, I will drink less soda and other things not good for me and by doing so, I will also not add another aluminum can or plastic bottle to the garbage dump Just some deep thoughts for a Friday morning.  :001_cool:

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 1

Today: I'm going to be surrounded by billions of kids all day.  Well, not quite billions.  My friends are coming over in a bit.  They each have two kids.  Then later I'm watching another friend's kids.  At least two of them, possibly all four.  And my husband is getting home today!  After I am asleep, but still today.

Muscles: No, but only because I took Ani to the endo instead of going to taekwondo yesterday.  The long stick is a jahng bong.  Some people call it a bo staff.  I like using it, but I prefer nunchucks.  I remember those first few mornings after taekwondo classes.  And then random ones where I'd be like, "How did he find yet another muscle group to work that I didn't know existed..."

Hey, look what I have, scrap!  A video of me doing the low rank jahng bong moves just under 3 years ago! 

Oh, man... such short hair!  I had just donated my hair a couple months before.  It's back to my lower back again.

Recycling: Yeah.  They pick it up once a week (trash twice a week).  And my husband is obsessed with his compost.

Edited by Butter
  • Like 2

Morning all - just got home!

Today: Had to be halfway across town to pay the electric bill at 7:45 this morning. After that, went to goodwill and browsed, but didn't find anything. Our local goodwills are getting so expensive - seriously who pays $4 for a used t-shirt? The rest of the day I am taking off - going to take a NAP and then clean later on. 

Muscles: They were fine when I left, but sore now. Walking does a number on my back. 

Recycling: I do mostly. Paper stuff I half-way recycle - it depends on how fast I am trying to clean. Food scraps all go to the chickens, as well as any past it's prime food. They turn it into compost :) 

• Like 3

Hello!

Nothing much is happening here today. I had a meeting this morning and picked up lunch for everybody, and now we're doing school and I'm trying to get the house in shape. I'm also keeping an eye on one of my dogs, who had an allergic reaction yesterday. He was out in the yard for a little while and came back in with his face all swelled up. The vet thinks it was caused by an insect bite - which sounds kind of crazy, because it is January and only 24*, but with the warm weather we had last week, there have actually been some bugs flying and crawling around. I guess they think spring has sprung already. So weird! Thankfully, my dog is doing much better and the swelling has gone down, but we need to give him benedryl for a few more days.

Sore muscles: Not today.

Recycling: Nope, recycling pickup is not available where we live. The garbage company picks up recycling for people who live in town, but not for those of us who live out in the country. I've thought about taking it to a recycling facility, but the closest one is 15 miles away in an area that I never go to - so it would be a 30 mile round trip just to drop off recycling. No thanks! We don't compost, either, unless you count the big manure pile behind our barn.  :)

• Like 1

Good afternoon!

Not much going on today. Handed in 2nd quarterly report. Kids will have private lessons for TKD to help them catch up from missing a month and a half of it in Nov/Dec, and then a regular class after that.

I could faintly feel my legs this morning (from that hike up/down the gorge), but just barely. Maybe if it hadn't been raining we would've walked more. I did end up wheezing climbing up and using my inhaler, but my legs are so much better than my lungs, lol.

Yes, we recycle. Not perfectly though, but at least we recycle a bunch. I walked to the garbage department a couple of years ago to get a recycling bin, since our landlord hadn't left us with one (though, actually, I found it a year later hidden in the back of the shed).

• Like 2

Visit to the eye doctor took WAY longer than expected, or what was reasonable, I think.

Appointment was for 10:30. Arrived about 10:15 to fill out new patient paperwork. I didn't even get

called back until 11:15 and that was only part of the way. Didn't leave the office until about 12:45. 

Seriously?? I actually had to interrupt the tech at one point so I could make a call to a friend asking

her if she could give my kids a ride to their class that was at 1pm.  Then the gal taking my payment saw

something on her fingers so licked them, rubbed her hands together, and reached for my card!

Yeah, I don't think so. I said, "Are you going to wash your hands now that you've spit on them?"

I'm pretty sure she though I was the one being rude but I know I wasn't. Seriously, she works in a doctor's office!

(I went to see an opthamologist.) Anyway....deep breath! Okay, now I'm here.  :D

Too many things on my mind to get done this afternoon BEFORE I go to the chiropractor. Hmm. Maybe I should just

chuck them all!  :laugh:

What do you think?

• Like 3

I saw this thread earlier and meant to come in but was distracted somehow!

Today: Ds and I did a lot of Spanish. I did some laundry, made a meal plan, and made a grocery list. We're going out to eat dinner at a local ribs place tonight. I don't care for BBQ much, but they have the best chicken salad!

My knee was hurting a little this morning. Dh and I walked for about 45 minutes last night during ds' basketball practice. Sometimes it bothers me a bit. 

We used to recycle but have to haul it all off ourselves. I put some bigger plastic things aside, and dh will take them off.

• Like 1