Menu

My anniversary is coming up...

bettyandbob

Warning yuck content ahead.

26 years.

My birthday is soon as well.

Dh texted me yesterday saying he didn't know what to do/get etc. 26 years he has never known or done anything. I often wish he was more thoughtful.

However, my youngest DS (15 with intellectual disabilities) reminded me yesterday of how awesome dh is. Dh cleans up vomit. At the first sound of choking and splashing anywhere. I might be headed to get towels or something and he always tells me not to and he takes care of it.

I hope DS gets better soon. But I'm feeling pretty lucky to have such a great dh.

• Like 14

He sounds pretty awesome! My dh isn't very creative either, so I always tell him all I want is flowers and chocolate to take the pressure off of him. There are a million other qualities I think are great about him,none of which include his thoughtfulness on an anniversary/birthday, and that's ok by me.

• Like 2

My 9th anniversary was yesterday. Dh got me a toilet seat. Sounds awful but I'm a practical person and not a fan of gifts. We needed a toilet seat for the master bath because somehow my 4 year old broke off our old one right before the new baby came. I was actually quite pleased with the gift

• Like 6

My 9th anniversary was yesterday. Dh got me a toilet seat. Sounds awful but I'm a practical person and not a fan of gifts. We needed a toilet seat for the master bath because somehow my 4 year old broke off our old one right before the new baby came. I was actually quite pleased with the gift

My dh is the exact opposite. I always ASK for something practical, something that will make my daily life a little simpler. But that's not special enough so he ends up getting me jewelry. It's very pretty, but not super useful. Especially since I have quite a bit of jewelry already.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I am a puker and so are my kids. My relatives are awesome for stopping their car by the roadside just to let me get down and puke. My hubby has to put up with me and our kids puking on car rides, surprisingly we survive roller coasters without puking.

My anniversary is in November and my birthday is in December. I need a replacement wallet for quite some time already but could not find a suitable one. My husband came back from shopping with three wallets for different purposes (a wristlet, a long slim wallet and a handy zipped wallet) :lol: every year my presents from him are belated.

• Like 1

Oh, cleaning up vomit would be a wonderful present!

I do not do vomit. At all. Not even a little bit. Thankfully, we've really not had many stomach bugs and only milks ones at that. DH and I have an understanding: he does all the vomit if he's available, and I do all the dirty diapers if I'm available. I've cleaned up WAY more diapers than he has vomit, and I still think it's a perfectly equitable trade.

• Like 1

That is an awesome present. My DH runs from vomit or if he actually tries to help, he panics and ends up spreading it everywhere by trying to carry the still puking kid to a bathroom.. and then I have like 15ft of carpet to scrub lol. 

DH and I are a good match because neither one of us has any idea how to get gifts or do birthdays/anniversaries. I know the 5 love languages get over-referenced like a magical relationship genie but it was a major a-ha moment for both of us to realize the differences in our priorities, and a comfort to see that we both put gifts dead last with more or less a 0 score on the quiz.