Menu

DS will only apply to state schools and I'm so....

Ann.without.an.e

seriously relieved.  Is it terrible of me to feel so glad?  He's a sophomore and he really wants to go to a state school.  After this grueling process with DD, applying to so many schools where a rejection could happen to anyone, and the pressure to second guess ourselves constantly, I am just sooooooo glad I don't have to go through this with him  :coolgleamA:   There isn't enough chocolate or wine for this process  :ph34r:

Edited by Attolia
  • Like 9

Our state flagship has EA, with many deferrals and stress for parents, while the other state schools all have rolling admission.  Most people I know whose dc want to go to grad school start at the other state schools and then go to the flagship for grad work.

• Like 3

My second ds is in 11th grade and also applying to just state schools (this after running the gauntlet of more selective private school applications with oldest last year).

He knows he will be accepted with scholarships and be able to afford them and the applications are simple. I think it is a wise choice for him and it will not be stressful. I feel great about his choice 🙂

• Like 5

Youngest is probably going to a 2nd-tier state school.  She was aiming for the flagship until she found out it didn't have her intended major (which is weird, because the flagship is huge - I'm kind of gobsmacked it's missing something that's not even that offbeat).  Our state schools are super-stingy with the merit aid, so my guess is she'll get none, but the school she's looking at is practically affordable even without it (it's even much less than the flagship), and if she gets the AA she's headed toward, she's guaranteed admission too...  

• Like 3

seriously relieved.  Is it terrible of me to feel so glad?  He's a sophomore and he really wants to go to a state school.  After this grueling process with DD, applying to so many schools where a rejection could happen to anyone, and the pressure to second guess ourselves constantly, I am just sooooooo glad I don't have to go through this with him  :coolgleamA:   There isn't enough chocolate or wine for this process  :ph34r:

:iagree:  DD2s leading potential school is a private in-state university, and I am absolutely relieved! (although, she will likely be applying to a couple OOS schools as well if she pursues her musical interests... but the in-state is still the most likely candidate)

That second-guessing process (including the WAITING on acceptances) is grueling and exhausting!!

• Like 3