Menu

Grrr. Filling out medical paperwork.

Moxie

DS (a minor) is going to a new doctor. In big bold letters on the paperwork it says "must be filled out completely". They want SSNs, birth dates, cell numbers, everything for DS, me and DH. There is no reason for almost all of that info! How much can I NA without causing an issue?

I would not have a problem with any of that, except for the SS#. I refuse that at all offices. I don't see an issue with phone numbers though, how else would they reach you for test results, appt reminders, etc.?

They have my number. They do not need DH's number or DS's.

• Like 1

They have my number. They do not need DH's number or DS's.

Just put the same # down in every blank. This is what I do except for an "in case of emergency #". I think they ask for all these #s so if someone moves they can use them for debt collection.

This is why I love Kaiser, almost no paperwork :).

• Like 3

DS (a minor) is going to a new doctor. In big bold letters on the paperwork it says "must be filled out completely". They want SSNs, birth dates, cell numbers, everything for DS, me and DH. There is no reason for almost all of that info! How much can I NA without causing an issue?

I never give all that.  Fill in what you find reasonable and still fill in the others but say N/A or something.  You have then filled out the document completely.