Menu

My 3 month old Samsung is part of the recall. I have to pick AGAIN

Shellydon

We live in South America and my wife went out in November 2015 and she bought a 14 KG capacity Samsung top-loader, which she loves. I checked the SN and it is not involved in the recall. However, if we lived in the USA and we had a Samsung that was involved in the recall, we would probably buy a different Samsung model, a model that is not involved in the recall. Our family has had excellent luck with Samsung products. Our family no longer has anything made by LG.  The man who "installed" the washer and tested it last year, after it was delivered, works on both Samsung and LG washers.  When my wife (or possibly it was me) asked him a question like, "which brand is better?" he replied that some people hate Samsung and some people hate LG. Since we no longer have anything made by LG that works, when we go to buy a TV or something, we limit our interest to Samsung.  There are a lot of threads here on WTM recommending Speed Queen washing machines and possibly you should look at those.  

ETA: Our Samsung  replaced our beloved Whirlpool top loader (with the agitator) that worked very hard for us for about 20+ years. It now has a place of honor in the laundry room and is enjoying a comfortable retirement.  Whirlpool would be another brand we would look at. 

Edited by Lanny

It took me a month to choose my Samsung top loader this summer. It is park of the recall and now I have to choose washers again. Ugh!! Anyone else in this situation? What are you replacing your Samsung with?

why do you have to chose again? Are they replacing yours?

Hey! Just NOW I got an email giving us options, one was for a credit toward a new machine. Or they would fix our existing one. We are definitely not going with a repair to our existing one. Of course, my husband is laid off right now, so not really wanting to buy a new one either. I am not optimistic about how much the rebate will be.

Edited by Janeway

I think when I read the original thread here on WTM about the Samsung Recall the OP had linked to an article that indicated Samsung washing machines are not the only brand that have this problem.  I suggest that before you purchase *any* other brand, you check to be sure their model is not affected.    Our 14 KG Samsung (purchased during November 2015) is not included in the recall. As I write this, I am wondering whether or not the Samsung machine my Sister In Law has is involved in the recall.