Menu

Can oil pulling cause a crown to come out?

1GirlTwinBoys

No more than sucking on a wendy's frosty could. Anything with vigorous suction could pop a crown loose, so as long as she is gentle with her swishing and the crown was properly applied she should be fine.

It probably has the potential, particularly if the crown isn't on there that well.  

A couple of years ago I had a crown come flying out when I flossed.  But, you know, I still floss.

I remember once reading (or maybe a dentist told me) how long to actually expect fillings and crowns to last.  It was sort of depressing -- I used to assume they'd last forever.

It probably has the potential, particularly if the crown isn't on there that well.  

A couple of years ago I had a crown come flying out when I flossed.  But, you know, I still floss.

I remember once reading (or maybe a dentist told me) how long to actually expect fillings and crowns to last.  It was sort of depressing -- I used to assume they'd last forever.

gold crowns will.

I was talking with ds's childhood friend - he's in dental school - the gold will expand and contract at the same rate as the real tooth. (re: temperature changes.)  porcelain and other materials don't, so they have a shorter lifespan.

My current dentist did a residency in florida, near some of the retirement communities.  he saw a lot of 30 - 40 year old gold crowns.

dh has a gold crown that predates our marriage.

they cost twice as much (depending upon what gold is going for), but they last more than twice as long.

Edited by gardenmom5