Menu

Flash card site?

Renthead Mommy

Trying to convince the boy he could study easier with flash cards. Zero chance he would ever write them until he is completely convinced, so it needs to be a website and then you "flash" them on your computer. And it needs to be computer dummy and old computer friendly since I will have to set up the first batch or two to get him to even try it this way.

All he envisions is a lot of extra work writing them out 'before' he even starts to study. That whole 'you are studying while you are making them is being missed by his 14yo 'I know what I'm doing' mind!

So suggestions of easy sites you ir your kids have used please?

Quizlet. My kids have used it on my phone, their tablets and their laptops.

Also there are lots of Quizlet lists tied to textbooks that has been created by teachers/tutors. I can find lists for common textbooks so I didn't need to type.

I haven't tried Anki.

This. Quizlet is fun to use. It will talk to you. It knows different languages. Free. (But you can add pictures to your cards by subscribing for a tiny amount.)

Quizlet also includes a number of fun games for your card set. The timed mix and match is addictive, as people usually want to to get a better time and play again and again. It doesn't feel like studying, but you learn.

Edited by Alessandra

Quizlet.

If he's studying something from an established book there's a good chance the cards are already there for him (we've found Lively Latin, Trail Guide to World Geography, Caesar's English and dd's German, for instance).

They can be used on the computer but are great for iPods or smartphones - there's an app you can download.