Menu

Speaking of textbooks

Granny_Weatherwax

DS and I ordered his textbooks from Amazon this semester. We were excited to have saved hundreds by purchasing them used. All but one textbook arrived earlier this week and they are in good-excellent condition so we have been well pleased with our decision. Until today. The final (and most expensive) book arrived this morning and it's the wrong book. I double checked DS's order and he did indeed order the correct textbook (the cover and ISBN are correct on the Amazon confirmation page). We ordered the loose leaf US version and he received a bound international version. Looking through the contents pages of each, there are differences and I"m not sure the text can be used for his class.

I've already filled out a return request with Amazon.

I'm hoping the college bookstore will have used editions when we arrive on Sunday. The text costs $180 new and we would have saved half of that if Amazon would have sent the correct edition.

:(

My husband had that happen for one book when he was in school for his Masters degree. He sent it back and got it refunded as "Not as advertised" and had to find a book from elsewhere. But the seller did not have any other edition of the book. Seemed a bit clueless that there were different editions.

Edited by vonfirmath

Amazon ought to make it right for you.  I now stick to buying with Amazon or Half.com because both have been good the few times we've needed to return anything.  We got a Teacher's Edition one time - NOT what we ordered and something that would have kicked my son out of the class if it had been made known (he checked with the prof).  The seller was miffed at us - thinking we'd WANT the "inside scoop."  No, we did not.  We got our money back - including postage.  The seller sent us postage to get his book back.  I honestly can't remember if that was Amazon or Half.com, but both have been really good for us when needed.

We've used Chegg.com to rent and to buy used textbooks twice now - and have been happy with their service.  Both times I paid $10 for two day shipping and got it that quickly and they advertise two week return policy for any reason!  Far cheaper than the campus bookstore for used and/or new and/or rentals.

Myra

• Like 1