Menu

Ben Hur

Seasider

I just hope it sticks to the book moreso than the original. My DS and I both read it this past year, and then we watched the classic movie, and frankly, I was disappointed. Major, major changes to the storyline.

me too.  I read the books many years ago, so maybe that will help me if it doesn't stick close to the original.  I remember being disappointed with the Charlton Heston version after reading the book.

• Like 1

I just hope it sticks to the book moreso than the original. My DS and I both read it this past year, and then we watched the classic movie, and frankly, I was disappointed. Major, major changes to the storyline.

Okay I feel illiterate now, I truly did not know there was a book. I thought the story came out of that golden era of Hollywood epics.

This review might be helpful. 

I couldn't access that review.  I had some "buy your tickets here' ad pop-up and there was no way to close it.

as for commonsense media's review - I thought this quote was useful:

the film is let down by a script that telegraphs plot points and has plenty of cliched writing.

I couldn't access that review.  I had some "buy your tickets here' ad pop-up and there was no way to close it.

Hmm...the link works for me, and I don't get a pop-up when I pull it up. If you're interested, you could try going to pluggedin.com. The review is on the main page.