Menu

Help with gift

JustEm

Dh's friend has a 3 month old. A few of dh's other friend and us, who all live far from the new parents, pooled our money together to send gifts. So I have $180 to play with. I picked some nice wooden rattles and great board books. But I need more idea. I'll likely add a box of diapers. All the way items are coming from Amazon because that is the easiest way to ship I think. Thanks!

Hmm any way to ask?

Not necessarily about a registry but like have someone ask (text? email?) if there's anything they realized they needed/wanted?

You never know, they could want a spare playpen for grandma's house or such. Someone gave us a spare baby/toddler bathtub that I use everytime I take dd to my parents'.

Edited by heartlikealion

I will see if dh can ask. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a surprise or not. The last friend from this group, they all live long distance, to have a baby it was a surprise. These are people we have never met because we live too far away. Well dh met one when that person was in Philly on business. They are all internet friends of dh's but oddly enough probably his closest friends.

If you are set on carrier... Some food for thought. Lillebaby works without an infant insert and has a taller back panel and neck support. Bed bath & beyond and Target have started selling the plain (non patterned) ones. BB&B always has 20% off coupons. Could order and they could return on person if not a good fit. I use the lillebaby all seasons with my toddler. Handles up to 45 lbs. and has a few carrying positions.

If you are set on carrier... Some food for thought. Lillebaby works without an infant insert and has a taller back panel and neck support. Bed bath & beyond and Target have started selling the plain (non patterned) ones. BB&B always has 20% off coupons. Could order and they could return on person if not a good fit. I use the lillebaby all seasons with my toddler. Handles up to 45 lbs. and has a few carrying positions.

Hmmm I've never heard of that carrier. But I did think about the infant insert with the ergo. So I was thinking about the Boba 4 which would fix the need to purchase a separate insert as well.

A gift certificate might be nice.

My coworkers with baby #1 gave me a generous gift that paid for the "big kid" carseat when he grew out of the bucket.  I was very thankful.

With #4, dh's coworkers gave us a generous gift for our baby in October.  They had no idea how tight money was, and that gift paid for Santa that year.  Hugely, hugely thankful for that.

A gift certificate might be nice.

My coworkers with baby #1 gave me a generous gift that paid for the "big kid" carseat when he grew out of the bucket. I was very thankful.

With #4, dh's coworkers gave us a generous gift for our baby in October. They had no idea how tight money was, and that gift paid for Santa that year. Hugely, hugely thankful for that.

I wish it were that simple. This family has money. This is a guy who mailed a PlayStation 4 to my dh, whom he has never actually met in person, because he just got one and wanted his friend who wouldn't be purchasing one anytime soon if ever to continue to play games with him. He has also bought dh 2 expensive games so he wouldn't have to wait for dh to get it for his bday or Christmas.

So cash or a gift card just doesn't seem right. We will buy things that are easily returned in case they'd rather get something else though. That seems like the best route to go.

• Like 1

I have heard of Boba but unsure if they can wear baby on back as they get bigger.

We were given a Land of Nod gift card for ds as a baby present. Got a wall book bin we still use. Luckily back then I managed to get a free shipping code. I never see those anymore.

We used to shop at One Step Ahead. Some of their items were unique. At the time, anyway, that is the only place we saw our baby "pool" which was not a pool so much as gentle sprinkler?

Have you looked at bookdepository.com for more book choices?

Another place I like to shop is thechildrensplace. I got stuff there just today with free shipping and a 60% off code. They usually have pretty cute stuff.