Menu

Long Shot: Children's book circa 1970s about the color red

Hyacinth

I'm trying to remember a book title. I have very little to go on. It was a simple book--targeting very early readers/preschoolers. It featured a black-haired girl who LOVED the color red. I think the illustrations were all black and white and, of course, red. I would've enjoyed it in the early 1970s. Anyone?

Edited by Hyacinth

In case anyone cares, Ann Likes Red was originally published as part of a series called Early Start Pre-school Readers, which had limited vocabulary and were marketed as helping your child "learn to read before school." There were ~25 in the whole series. Now and again lots come up on eBay, etc.

• Like 2

It's also available through Purple House Press:  http://purplehousepress.com/ann.htm

If you don't need it right away and don't care if it's a remainder, their Bargain Basement or Clearance sales are great.

Love the picture of Miss Suzy the squirrel at the top of the page! One of my favorites. "I love to cook, I love to bake, I think I'll make an acorn cake."  :)

• Like 1