Menu

Who's going to tackle healthy eating/exercise with me Thursday?

sheryl

Breakfast:  1 TJ multi-grain/chia seed bar (forget the formal name), 1 sausage/egg sandwich w/1/2 bun, coffee

Lunch:  3 TJ's gf chicken nugget over a bed of lettuce (my go to salad), 1 t. each: pumpkin, chia, hemp and sunflower seeds, 2 T shredded cheese, cucumber, cherries

Dinner:  leftover (quiche/coleslaw)

Snack;  ???

Exercise: 30 min.; bike

Lunch: 3 TJ's gf chicken nugget over a bed of lettuce (my go to salad), 1 t. each: pumpkin, chia, hemp and sunflower seeds, 2 T shredded cheese, cucumber, cherries

ke

Your lunch sounds delicious!

Exercise: 10 min solution boot camp(40 minutes)

B: smoothie

L: carrots and squash w/ hummus and 2 spg squash/baked eggs muffins

S: watermelon and a spoonful of parfait

D: Mediterranean pasta salad w/ corn-on-the-cob

Taking kids to Dairy Queen tonight. I will probably get a small blizzard even though I know I shouldn't get more than a cone. Sigh

Edited by Gisel_le

I went for a run today - day 2 of week 7 of the couch to 10k program.

Breakfast/lunch - omelette with cheddar cheese, 1.5 pieces of bacon, cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, nuts and stuff on top of yogurt.

Not sure what I'll do for dinner yet.

• Like 1

Another okay day:

Breakfast: omelet loaded with veggies, tea with honey

Lunch: cantelope

Snack: root beer float

I think dinner is going to be spaghetti Bolognese but I'm not sure.  Our lake is doing dinner on the beach and that's what they are serving.  We have to be there for dd's swim team practice and a special Floatzilla event but we're getting thunderstorms through right now.  IF they clear in time, we'll be at the lake for Floatzilla and having dinner there.  If they don't clear in time, we'll eat at home.

Exercise:  Walked around a park with ds looking for Pokeballs, walked around Best Buy for my mother to buy a new freezer, walked the dog but it was so hot and humid we had to cut it short. 

Breakfast -- 2 scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of bacon

Lunch -- blackened tuna sandwich and fries

Dinner -- Probably a salad or some fruit. We ate lunch late so probably won't get very hungry again.

Not much exercise other than a little walking. The heat index here is at least 100. Walked the dog at 6:00 a.m. and I was dripping and he was panting when we got back.

I'm usually a healthy eater, but totally fell off the food wagon today. It's bad, y'all.

Breakfast: protein drink

A few hours later: dd12's strawberry pastries

Lunch: icecream from costco with the kids

Snack: oatmeal raisin cookie

Dinner: it will be steak and potatoes for the family, but I'll probably skip the potatoes and have something green.

I killed it exercising though.

Exercise: 20 cleans with 75lb bar, then 10 rounds of 5 deadlifts, 5 cleans, 5 front squats,5 shoulder presses, in 20 min with 65 lb bar.

Then 80 lunges with 35 lb kettlebell.

do you all work with percents for your nutrients? 

No. I don't consciously think about "eating healthy", nor do I count calories or try to balance anything. I just eat whole, mostly plant based and fresh, foods  that taste good to me, until I am not hungry anymore.

• Like 1

sparkley, that's not very much food, I'd still be hungry.  LOL!

So, I did not put down the following and I need to come clean on this:

10 mm's WED

8 potato chips, 1 cookie  THURS

Edited by sheryl
  • Like 3

So I took the kids to Dairy Queen, as planned. I ordered a sundae, as planned. But then they gave us an extra blizzard because someone messed up. So of course, I helped to eat it. And now, I am kicking myself. I hate that I have NO self-control when sugary stuff is in front of me. I hate that I wake up before everyone else in order to exercise uninterrupted, and then I negate it by eating crap. To top it off, I overate at dinner too.

So, any tips on how NOT to give in when it's in your face?

Breakfast: veggie hash with 1 cup cooked collards, lots of mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic and a little bit of potato. Topped with 2 over easy eggs. A sliced apple sprinkled with cinnamon for second breakfast.

Lunch: salad with chicken, chickpeas, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, basil, tomatoes and a few olives. Dressing was a bit of pesto.

"Snack": iced coffee with a splash of almond mild and a touch of sugar.

Dinner: small steak with a large plate of mushrooms, roasted Brussel sprouts and greens with garlic, onions and peppers. Strawberries for dessert.

Exercise- cleaning like a maniac registered on my Fitbit Charge HR as cardio, lol. And I will be heading out for a long walk later this evening.

• Like 1

ok, lucystoner, those meals sounds great! I saute onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic a.lot! that is my go-to base! So good!

Cooking good meals is never my issue unless I am running on empty. My problem is eating too many brownies and drinking too many calories or skipping meals. I've gone to nurtitionists as advised by my doctor and I usually end up giving them good meal ideas. I realized I needed therapy techniques to help me address the over eating at non-meal times and not a nutritionist. :p. I am cautiously optimistic.

Edited by LucyStoner

I had a small Greek salad for dinner but then I was still a bit hungry so I had a handful,of chips.

I don't count nutrients. I figure if I make reasonably healthy choices most of the time it will all balance out over time. I do have to keep a running total of calories consumed going in my head all the time. Or at least most of the time--I slack off a bit when we're traveling (like now) and sometimes on holidays. I've always had too much of an appetite for my body size, but hypothyroidism and age have made things even worse. If I don't monitor my calories I'll gain weight quickly.

As far as tips for making good choices -- This probably won't help, but age has made it easier for me. There are so many things I can no longer eat without making me feel bad (or foods that I really have to eat in very small quantities to avoid unpleasant repercussions) that making better choices is easier. I used to be able to snack all evening on junk and feel fine the next day. Now if I eat much of anything at all (even a piece of fruit) after 7:00 or so it makes me feel bloated and yucky the next day. So thinking about how I'll feel tomorrow has a big impact on the food choices I make today. I guess that's kind of a weird benefit of aging.

• Like 2

wow, great everyone! Heidi, your exercise routine - great! what makes an exercise clean?

blackened tuna sounds good

do you all work with percents for your nutrients?

A clean is just a certain kind of lift with a barbell. From the floor to your shoulders.