Menu

How much is this house near you?

mommyoffive

And, where I grew up (in NL - I converted Euros to American Dollars):

Cheapest: $1.1M (but built in 1910):

http://www.funda.nl/koop/ederveen/huis-85040756-de-zicht-10/

Most expensive: $1.38M (built in 2003):

http://www.funda.nl/koop/ede/huis-49713236-heidehoek-5/

Also, in NL the highest income tax bracket is 52% (if you earn more than $73,000/year - below that it's only 42%, except the first $21,000, over which it's only 19%), and sales tax is 21% except on a few essentials (i.e. some foods), for which it's 6%. In other words, if you can afford a one point something million dollar house in the US, you probably won't be able to afford one in NL, as your income would have to be significantly higher to compensate for higher taxes. On the bright side, annual property taxes for the house are 0.1224% in this part of the country, so that's a win, but still. Very nice looking houses though.

ETA: I think I like the cheaper one better than the newer one. Not that it matters, unless I win the lottery.

Edited by luuknam

There is only one in my zip code that meets your criteria. It has 6 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, and is almost 4400 square feet on 1.22 acres. It is listed for $819,000 and has been on the market for 7 weeks.

Houses that meet all of your criteria except for the lot size (but are on large lots of 10,000 square feet or more) are listed at $375,000 - $430,000. They go up higher than that, but those houses are generally over 3500 square feet.

Ours is 4 bed, 4 bath, on 3.5 acres with septic and city water, 2800 sq ft in an excellent school district. 200k when we purchased almost 8 years ago. Now it would be at least 250k. Houses with your parameters would easily be 350k, even on the smaller lot.

At least a million.  Probably more like 2-3 million.

But there are very few houses near us that match that description.  There just aren't a lot of acre lots with a house planted on it.  There are some on a 1/2 acre.  The ones of those that have sold recently have been in the 700K and up range, but they're all requiring gutting.  (I've been in them.  It wasn't just that the new owner wanted something different.  Some were in bad shape)