Menu

Halloween Wedding..some ideas needed

My step son is getting married this Halloween and I would like some ideas of how to dress for a Halloween wedding.

It is a court house wedding, followed by dinner at Sonny's.

I did think about getting my Rocky Horror costume out.

So what can one wear to a Halloween wedding?

Orange tights, black boots, dye my hair green?

lol... I think I'd ask the step-son's future wife what *she* has in mind! :)

Are they doing this on Halloween because it happened to be the most convenient day, or because they want it to be Halloween-themed? What will the bride and groom be wearing?

I'd hate to show up in orange-and-black striped tights and my favorite green wig only to discover that everyone else was dressed for any other casual wedding... On the other hand, a khaki skirt and blue blouse would look a bit odd if all the other family members are in their Addams family gear... ;)

Ds wants to go in his trick or treat costume. Ummm...can you have the Grim Reaper at a wedding?

I looking for something that is not too in your face, but enough that you know is Halloween.

I had not thought about decorating Sonny's. The brides family is sorting that part out.

How about Mortica from The Adams Family, if you are into WOW you could be a Night Elf or a Blood Elf, anything from Lord of the Rings, a fairy would be cool, something from Egyptian times. :001_smile:

Unfortunately I have a body more suited to dressing as a dwarf than Mortica Adams.

What about going simply as a Goth Chicka, biker babe, old fashing sleeping dress with hat and all. Oh, how about something like Mrs. Clause but Mrs. Halloween. Instead of red and white, purple and black with striped stocking. I am not saying anything here but what about The Old Woman Who Live In a Shoe, something from Mother Goose.:001_smile:

...we went as Maid Marian and Robin Hood. Dh even wore tights with his tunic. At the time, our oldest was only 2 months old. We dressed her in a brown frock and called her Friar Tuck. The whole thing was a blast!!

So, interesting "couples" worth considering:

Mae West and W.C. Fields

Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn

Laurel and Hardy

Hansel and Gretel

Thing 1 and Thing 2

???

Ok, I just have to get this out there. I had a friend once who got married on Halloween. One year later, on their first anniversary, her dh dropped dead. DROPPED. DEAD. No known medical issues.

So, draw from that what you will. 20.gif

I certainly hope that he does not drop dead a year form now. Thanks for the comforting thought.

Well, my friend's Dh died in the Scottish Rite Temple, so just make sure they don't go there on their anniversary, and all should be fine.

This is a sad, bizarre story which (witch?;)) as far as I can tell is only related to their Halloween wedding by sheer coincidence. But, I am curious -- what was the cause of death?...some weird pledge to the Freemasons that we need to know about? :sneaky2:

I like the bride of Frankenstein idea, but can you buy wigs like that?

Yes, I had one. Dh and I got married Oct 28. We showed up to our wedding rehearsal dressed as Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. No one knew ahead of time and everyone flipped out. It was very funny. We all dressed appropriately on the wedding day!

Go dressed in regular attire then if someone asks why your not dressed up, tell them you are dressed up as the scariest person a new couple knows......dumm dummmm, dum, dummm.....the Mother in Law!

Tee hee, otherwise are there any great villains who were the mil? I think the grandma from the Adams family ( or was it the Munsters) would be fitting.

I see the pattern...If you are a mason, you are going to die.

The rest of us are safe and will live forever.

Sorry, but my grandfather was/is a mason and he's still alive. So I guess that ruins that theory. ;)

I think a Halloween wedding would be totally cool. Now that I'm older I wish I had a more adventurous personality when I was younger.

This is a sad, bizarre story which (witch?;)) as far as I can tell is only related to their Halloween wedding by sheer coincidence. But, I am curious -- what was the cause of death?...some weird pledge to the Freemasons that we need to know about? :sneaky2:

If I remember correctly, he had a massive heart attack and was gone before he hit the floor.

I don't know why he was at a Scottish Rite Temple--he wasn't a mason that I knew of. This all happened a good 15 years ago, so I'm sure there are details I either forgot of never knew to start with.

Anyway, I wasn't being serious about the connection between this and the OP's son and their wedding on Halloween. I was being more "oooooWEEEEOOOO...halloween....scary....superstitious...irony..." about it. A day is a day is a day, so I don't personally ascribe special meaning to Halloween being any different than next Tuesday, or last Thursday, or a week from Wednesday. :)