Menu

Amazon "Prime" -- cancel and reorder

Alessandra

Up to now, no problems. BUT this week -- wow!

I ordered a number of items on Thursday, with "guaranteed" delivery on Saturday for everyone, except one item. The on non-guareanteed item arrived on As for t"guaranteed" items, some say shipping today no tracking info when I click the tacking info button. Some say shipping now, but not even a teaching button yet.

​I am wondering if I should cancel and re-order anything. My items are not (so far) delayed in transit. They are just not leaving Amazon. Orders are books, electronics, household items from Amazon, not other vendors as far as I can tell.

Has anyone been able to reorder and get free one day shipping??

• Like 1

Sometimes stuff that is Prime still doesn't ship right away.  They usually say so, but half the time I don't notice that.  I'll wonder where something is and then go look and sure enough they mentioned that it won't ship right away.

So just saying Prime doesn't always equal fast. 

If you complain to them, assuming they didn't mention it was late, they may offer you something.  It's worth a shot. 

• Like 1

I actually found the contact link and talked to someone. We cancelled all the orders and reordered with free same day for some items and fee one day for the others. I hope it works. Better starting anew, it seems.

The stuff I originally ordered was 2 day prime with a guaranteed delivery date. This was the first problem I've had -- at least that I can remember. I have noticed online that Amazon's switch to using USPS for deliveries has caused problems. And here in NJ Amazon is building multiple distribution centers. Seems shipping was faster before, lol

• Like 5

If you saved a copy either in an email or screen shot, where the guaranteed date shows, call Amazon Customer Service. It won't get your items to you any faster but it will get you a month added to your Prime account. Don't let them try to give you a $5 gift card - insist on the Prime extension.

• Like 4

Love chatting with Amazon customer service. They tend to be generous.

If you ever reorder without cancelling , remember you can always refuse that first package - they issue a full refund , no shipping charge.

• Like 5

If you saved a copy either in an email or screen shot, where the guaranteed date shows, call Amazon Customer Service. It won't get your items to you any faster but it will get you a month added to your Prime account. Don't let them try to give you a $5 gift card - insist on the Prime extension.

I'll wait till items arrive (first priority), then I'll try this. I have emails saying they will be late.

Thx!

Edited by Alessandra
  • Like 2

Another issue to check when you order is whether items are going to be boxed together or separately. It has, at times, added a day to delivery if I chose to have items boxed together, I assume they're in different warehouses.  

True. I usually try to save packaging and let them send everything together if I'm not in a hurry. If I need one or more items right away I make sure I request each one sent separately as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I have found that if I use Amazon Smile, the prime shipment is delayed by a day. If I use the regular amazon url, the item gets delivered in the guaranteed time.

Also, if I order before 10 am, the item is delivered in 2 days always.

I've had some trouble this past week using the buy it now Prime buttons when I change it to next day shipping and I've never had this issue before. Three things I ordered this way, when I checked the orders were showing normal 2 day shipping. I cancelled them, tried one again adn it still showed 2 day. I finally got next day shipping to work but actually putting them in my cart and choosing next day shipping then. It seems to be a new glitch. 

Edited by Peach