Menu

Prayers for college student, please

klmama

Oldest is in finals week at college and just realized that a major assignment dc sent via Blackboard email over a month ago was never received by the professor.  Dc has to get ahold of him and prove that it was sent on time.  Please pray that the professor will be available Wednesday and that he will be understanding and accept dc's work for full credit. 

Edited by klmama
  • Like 1

If sent in an email, there should be a digital record of when it was sent, somewhere.  

If for some reason there isn't, and if your child has been a good student throughout the semester, I would think the professor would believe her.  In the meantime, perhaps your child should re-send it?

If submitted via Blackboard, and via turnitin, there should be a digital receipt that he was emailed.  If submitted by uni email there should be a record of it being sent, unless he deletes his emails too quickly.  With my uni, it seems we are sent an email if we have not submitted, but I've never had that happen.  It's usually up to the student to see that it's lodged in the submissions inbox, but it's hard for a student to remember everything.  

Hope it works out fine for your son, and that his lecturer is willing to listen and be lenient. :grouphug:

ETA: wasn't sure if I used he instead of her, but I see you have Dc - hopefully I used the right pronoun, otherwise just change it obviously. :-)

Edited by Isabella

Isabella, does the digital receipt look like the actual email, just sent to oneself?  That's what dc found tonight buried in the inbox and thought that the email had been misdirected.  There was nothing on it to indicate it had been sent to the professor. 

This professor has not used Blackboard for anything else except for receiving emails with this one thing attached, so there is no online record of dc's grades for dc to check, unfortunately.  Dc thinks it will all work out okay, but it's going to take time to get ahold of the professor (who is not likely to keep his usual schedule during finals week), and dc still needs to study for two finals and finish two research papers.  Thanks for your prayers that dc will resolve this quickly and will finish strong. 

I detest blackboard with the fire of a thousand suns. Depending on how it is submitted it might not log in the system, but I'd show the date on the version I had on file and explain it was done on time and submitted with full intention of fulfilling the requirements for the class, and that it was a glitch outside of my control that caused it to not correctly transfer.

And then I'd take it to the dean of student affairs if the teacher wasn't amenable to the document and explanation as goodwill evidence. Making a stink can help.

Isabella, does the digital receipt look like the actual email, just sent to oneself?  That's what dc found tonight buried in the inbox and thought that the email had been misdirected.  There was nothing on it to indicate it had been sent to the professor. 

This professor has not used Blackboard for anything else except for receiving emails with this one thing attached, so there is no online record of dc's grades for dc to check, unfortunately.  Dc thinks it will all work out okay, but it's going to take time to get ahold of the professor (who is not likely to keep his usual schedule during finals week), and dc still needs to study for two finals and finish two research papers.  Thanks for your prayers that dc will resolve this quickly and will finish strong. 

Depends if it was submitted through Turnitin, which is accessed through the Blackboard submission point.  Some assignments use Turnitin (Mainly if it's only text), but if the assignment contains audio, video or is a different type of assignment, it may be just through Blackboard.  If just through BB, you don't get a confirmation email, but if through Turnitin (via BB), they send an email giving confirmation that it came through.  The email would be from Turnitin, and it wouldn't indicate that your professor received it, but it would indicate it was available for him to receive (if that makes sense.

Your dc's uni might run differently than mine, but that's how it works with mine, anyway.  

Hoping it goes well.  If it's similar to the formats I'm used to, sometimes you can download an assignment and then it doesn't submit.  I had this happen myself and so has DD.  I suppose that's why they created an email receipt but that doesn't help him now.  Praying for grace on the part of the professor.  He might want to go in face to face if he has office hours today. 

Prof was available first thing this a.m.; he did receive the assignment!  No clue why he didn't send out a grade for it before, but it was excellent.  :001_smile:  That's a huge relief.  Apparently, what dc received really was a receipt copy of the email sent.  It's weird that it didn't indicate it was sent to the professor, though.  At least now dc knows that's how emails are sent through Blackboard.  Other professors have had their whole classes set up through Blackboard and assignments had submission portals which made everything perfectly clear.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd still really appreciate prayers for dc to finish everything well.  It's been a long, hard semester, and the remaining papers and exams are a huge portion of dc's grades.  Thank you!

• Like 4