Menu

college board vs ACT - customer service

Has anyone ever dealt with these on a customer service level?  Night and day difference.  The college board is a nightmare to work with...period.  The ACT is wonderful.  I have had to call both the last few months to solve issues and the ACT, hands down, is lightyears ahead of the collegeboard.  I'm considering having my other children only take the ACT for this very reason.  I won't rant or vent but my experiences have been that bad.  Just curious if I'm alone.

• Like 3

We had horrors with ACT customer service when getting my oldest admission ticket and score report. The phone calls easily ate up more than $20 off my prepaid card balance. My hubby and I called more than 7 times. My oldest is under 13. If SAT customer service is worse than good grief.

This is probably 50% of the reason my second and third child will take the ACT only. I had horrid customer service from the College Board with my oldest. My middle child will, I think, also do better on the ACT. Youngest would likely be a toss-up, so ACT it shall be. I despise CB. They are the Comcast of college testing--I don't love AT&T, but I keep them because they are not Comcast.

• Like 2

We had horrors with ACT customer service when getting my oldest admission ticket and score report. The phone calls easily ate up more than $20 off my prepaid card balance. My hubby and I called more than 7 times. My oldest is under 13. If SAT customer service is worse than good grief.

Has anyone ever dealt with these on a customer service level?  Night and day difference.  The college board is a nightmare to work with...period.  The ACT is wonderful.  I have had to call both the last few months to solve issues and the ACT, hands down, is lightyears ahead of the collegeboard.  I'm considering having my other children only take the ACT for this very reason.  I won't rant or vent but my experiences have been that bad.  Just curious if I'm alone.

Our experience was the same--ACT was so much easier to work with, much faster response, etc... 

• Like 2

Our experience was the same--ACT was so much easier to work with, much faster response, etc... 

I dealt with both getting accommodations for my oldest. This was my experience too. ACT board was great, friendly, easy, and took care of things quickly. College Board, was slow, difficult, and surly. Everything was harder, everything took longer and no one cared at all . I never bothered with the College Board at all for number 2. She preferred DE to APs, so she just skipped all things College Board.

• Like 1

looks like "customer service" is how lucky you are in getting the right person - so maybe just hang up and try the next day if things not going well :lol:

It was an SQL/mail merge error on our address because we stay in a condo. The print out from ACT keep having our apartment number missing so mail don't reach us.

Apparently that glitch was fixed because I just received the ACT admission ticket by mail for the June exam for my youngest.

• Like 1