Menu

*sigh* guess I must make sure to eat dinner before I leave

SparklyUnicorn

2-3 nights a week I have to make dinner and leave it for everyone.  Usually I come back and eat after.  If I ate before I'd be eating at 4.  Sometimes I have to.  Well tonight I left 2.5 pounds of taco meat and all the toppings.  I had my tongue hanging out for this.  It was just DH and the 14 year old.  I had the 10 year old and we were going to eat when we got back.  Gone..the food is gone.

I don't really think this is reasonable!  And now I'm stuck eating frozen pizza (and waiting 25 minutes for it to heat up). 

I'm not amused.  :glare:

Boo! Hiss!

I am angry on your behalf. Two and half pounds is A LOT of tacos! Sounds like something that would happen at my house.

Although, actually, I wound up not eating tonight because by the time I'd cooked dinner, I didn't want it!

• Like 3

Boo! Hiss!

I am angry on your behalf. Two and half pounds is A LOT of tacos! Sounds like something that would happen at my house.

Although, actually, I wound up not eating tonight because by the time I'd cooked dinner, I didn't want it!

I know!  And it was all meat.  Usually that's too much, which is what I aim for so DH can eat it for lunch the next day.

Good grief. 

Sorry! Tacos are so beloved in our house that if I'm making extra meat to freeze, I have to pull it out before dinner. But shame on them for not remembering that you need food. We see you --you are not invisible.

In my mind you can either started taking out your portion before you leave (I had to do this when Ds had climbing or no one would leave him any) or you can tell them that the next time it happens you will not be leaving dinner the next time you are out. What I would do wold depend on how invisible I was being treated at the time.

I love tacos, so I feel your pain.2 1/2 pounds for 3 people!!!! My wallet feels your pain, too.$9 worth of hamburger! And you got no dinner!

• Like 2

2-3 nights a week I have to make dinner and leave it for everyone.  Usually I come back and eat after.  If I ate before I'd be eating at 4.  Sometimes I have to.  Well tonight I left 2.5 pounds of taco meat and all the toppings.  I had my tongue hanging out for this.  It was just DH and the 14 year old.  I had the 10 year old and we were going to eat when we got back.  Gone..the food is gone.

I don't really think this is reasonable!  And now I'm stuck eating frozen pizza (and waiting 25 minutes for it to heat up). 

I'm not amused.  :glare:

I use 2.25 pounds and 2 cans of corn.  Even with my dh, my 15 yo and my 16 year old we usually have a bit left over....so yeah that is a lot of meat for two people!  I guess you will have to start putting some back for yourself.

• Like 1

Sorry! Tacos are so beloved in our house that if I'm making extra meat to freeze, I have to pull it out before dinner. But shame on them for not remembering that you need food. We see you --you are not invisible.

In my mind you can either started taking out your portion before you leave (I had to do this when Ds had climbing or no one would leave him any) or you can tell them that the next time it happens you will not be leaving dinner the next time you are out. What I would do wold depend on how invisible I was being treated at the time.

I love tacos, so I feel your pain.2 1/2 pounds for 3 people!!!! My wallet feels your pain, too.$9 worth of hamburger! And you got no dinner!

It was just for two people....her dh and the 14 yo.  She had the other child with her. 

• Like 2

My favorite is when I spend time making the kids something they like but I can't eat. Then they finish eating and my oldest will say, "Okay, Mommy, let's go." He then gets annoyed when I tell him that moms deserve to make and eat lunch or dinner, too.

I always eat first in this case, bc I know that I, when hungry, would not respond well to this--particularly if I also liked what I was fixing for said child and could not eat.

You have to take a portion for yourself and put it in a nice labeled container with a "do not touch" sign stuck on top before you leave.

LOL, when we were kids, my sister used to label her stuff "Touch And Die"! Maybe you could try that!

:lol:

• Like 3

LOL, when we were kids, my sister used to label her stuff "Touch And Die"! Maybe you could try that!

:lol:

:iagree:

I would be bummed too. But, with a teen guy, I'm not really surprised. I have a teen guy & I am sometimes shocked at the amount of food he can ingest. And, two hours later, he's hungry again. (No, he's not overweight. He does seem to be growing exponentially in the height department. I now understand why moms of teen guys love it that teen boys love to wear shorts. At least they don't grow out of them -- height-wise -- quite as quickly as long pants!)

• Like 2