Menu

Help us name our organic farm

We have an organic farm and will be going to the farmer's market this summer.  We plan on only selling sweet corn and tomatoes this year but maybe expand to honey, eggs, chickens, etc in the future.  We are doing this to give the kids working experience and earning potential.  Can you help us come up with a name?

Let the creative juices begin flowing.

Thanks,

Mary

• Like 1

Does your farm have any interesting natural or architectural features?  

I'm thinking of something along the lines of Red Maple Farm, Three Gate Farm, Middlebranch Farm, Shaky Oak Farm . . .

With five young children, we call our property Squawky Acres.  For obvious reasons.

Edited by Squawky Acres
  • Like 5

I agree with having Mary in the name. It's such a sweet name. Mary's Organic Farm or similar. From thesaurus.com:

acreage, acres, arboretum, claim, demense, enclosure, estate, farmstead, field, freehold, garden, grange, grassland, holding, homestead, lawn, meadow, nursery, orchard, pasture, patch, plantation, ranch, soil, vineyard

• Like 1

Does your farm have any interesting natural or architectural features?  

I'm thinking of something along the lines of Red Maple Farm, Three Gate Farm, Middlebranch Farm, Shaky Oak Farm . . .

With five young children, we call our property Squawky Acres.  For obvious reasons.

I love that you have the name Squawky Acres.  Very cute and clever.

• Like 1

Any other ideas?

Names we are tossing around:  The Local Kernal, Rooted, deVine Organics, Growing Up Organic, Bee Haven, Miss-Bee Haven, and Gooseberry Farm (my husband "thinks" he likes gooseberry jam, so every year he somehow gets my daughter to make him some and then he doesn't eat it--it's the only jam we have left in the freezer).

Anything to add?  Any thoughts?

Merry farm/organics, naturally Merry

I'd pun with Mary or growing up, though devine is clever too. I finally got miss bee haven but it took me a while, and it implies limited to only bee products. Gooseberry implies limited products as well.

Edited by displace
  • Like 1