Menu

Transcript troubles....

Wow - I haven't been here in a few months....but you'll all still help me, right??? ;)

Anyway. I have to do a transcript very quickly (like, mail it tomorrow) and I have never done one and I am hyper-ventilating a little....

1. Should I include PE in the GPA calculations or can I just do it Pass/Fail (naturally, it is Pass!!)? All of the examples I have seen factor it in but I really do not want to. I can't see giving her an A for it but giving her a B lowers her GPA and that is a drag :glare: And, if I do it Pass/Fail, how do I explain it?

2. Should I list the courses she is taking right now? It is too soon to give her grades and it looks kind of weird :confused:

Ack!

But I gave some classes pass/fail while others were letter grades. PE was one of the pass/fail classes, and I did not include it in the grade point average. None of the schools my dd applied to asked about it.

Here is our transcript.

By my dd's senior year, all her classes were listed on the transcript. I left the grades blank until there was something to put down.

HTH,

Jean

Edited by Jean in Wisc

I have learned though that pass/fail actually brings down the GPA. I am gonig against the grain here. I would give a letter grade.

Just my opinion.

Holly

It only brings it down if those credits are included when figuring the grade point, right? I simply do not include them when doing the math.

J

I have learned though that pass/fail actually brings down the GPA. I am gonig against the grain here. I would give a letter grade.

How would that work?:001_huh:

I have never had a p/f worked into my gpa, and I didnt figure it into ds's either.

It's kind of amazing there are so many variations on grading...

I took the Boot Camp Transcript seminar of Inge Canon. She highly recommends not doing the P/F. Colleges will figure that into their decisions. She said that it does bring it down whether you do the math or not.

This is where I am getting my information from. HSLDA highly recommends her as a resource for transcripts.

Holly