Menu

Medieval Princess? Know a good one?

Okay - I mentioned in the Halloween thread that dd11 found a pretty cool looking costume dress the other day at a thrift shop and snagged it...she figured she'd use it for Halloween but wasn't sure 'as what' ...then, a family friend said it looked like something a "medieval princess" would wear - dd11 got excited and said that's what she wants to be. :)

Here's the question - rather then just being "a medieval princess", we'd like to find a specific one...a who, rather than a what, y'know?

Neither of us have studied that timeframe yet - and I know there are people here who have...anyone have a good suggestion? A specific person who comes to mind? Preferably someone who didn't do anything horrible? :tongue_smilie:

Yeah I know, I could google - but wading through piles of stuff that is completely unfamiliar will frustrate us right now because we're also trying to pack & get ready for a trip tomorrow. ;)

Anyone come to mind right off? :bigear:

Well, post a pic of the costume and we'll see what it looks like, or sort of like. There's a few historical re-enactors on here who'll think this is a fun game :) Is it one of those pointy cone hat type arrangements? That was a Burgundian thing, possibly 14th century, but I'm not great with dates. If it's a complete mishmash, Remudamom's suggestions will probably be best.

Show us a pic!

:)

Rosie