Menu

The horror of realizing you are old....(for fun)

SparklyUnicorn

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not worried about the grey, but it's odd to see one's father's hair on one's own head.

Would you rather see your father's eyes on your head? (This is the biggest secret we are keeping from my mother. She would be traumatised. I am merely disconcerted.)

• Like 1

Growing up we had a rotary phone.  I was once at a church basement and saw one so I showed my kids.  Otherwise they would be completely unaware such a thing existed.

My kids have seen rotary phones in many of the TV shows/movies we watched.  ;)

We had a fun moment when we came across a working pay phone two or three years ago.  I put some change in and called middle son on his cell phone.  He was just on the other side of a building, but I couldn't resist showing youngest how one worked and how we used to have to try to call people.  Then I handed him the phone so he could talk to his brother... except he held the phone to his head upside down.  The young lad who can handle smart phones was stymied with how to get the pay phone to work so he could hear better.  I told him once I quit laughing.   :lol:

I don't think the pay phones are there anymore, so I'm glad I got to demonstrate to them how one worked.   :coolgleamA:

We had one rotary phone on the wall in the hall - and it was on a party line. Very few even know what those are any more. 

We had a party line.  My grandmother was downright angry when the phone company discontinued them and she had to pay more for a private line.

• Like 2

I still get carded for booze.

I never get carded and I'm only 29 - I wonder if I just have the 'adult attitude' firmly in place and nobody questions it?

I never get carded and I'm only 29 - I wonder if I just have the 'adult attitude' firmly in place and nobody questions it?

I would just go with that.

• Like 1

I haven't in years and I'm 31 - I suspect it's the early gray hair, sigh.  I did for the first time in years right after we moved here, and it turned out my license had been expired for a few months!  Ack!  So I guess that was luckyish; I would never have thought about it otherwise.