Menu

Homeschooling Competitions?

Our local homeschool association holds a Track and Field event every spring. They ask for registration fee to pay for field rental (where applicable), ribbons and materials, parents volunteer at the various events and lead the age groups around the area. There's a potluck meal and/or dessert area at the end.  

• Like 1

There's a group here that has done a science fair, a geography fair, and a living history fair in the last year or so. We are not members of the group, but they allow non-members to participate in the fairs for a small fee, and my DD has enjoyed doing them. Only the science fair was actually a competition, but you could easily have judges for any of those.

• Like 1

Our group hosts Scripps Spelling Bee, National Geography Bee, several science olypiad teams, several Odyssey of the Mind teams, a science fair, and a geography fair.

We have never hosted writing or art competitions, but there are a few moms who are always scoping out local competitions that would be open to homeschoolers and posting the information to our email loop.

• Like 2

I have homeschool groups that do the national mythology exam, exploratory Latin exam,National Classical Etymology Exam, Continental Math League, Sunshine Math, World Education Games, and some of the National League exams. Usually it ends up being whatever my DD wants to do gets offered for anyone who wants to do it (Sunshine math I just get the rounds online from a school that uses them and I use it for my kids who are too young for CML). We have an end of year picnic where kids who participate get their certificates and any medals earned.

We also do a big Save the Frogs! day event and part of it is an Environmental science-art showcase, but it's not competitive.

• Like 1