Menu

Online Signatures on Legal Docs - How can I do this?

Liz CA

I am supposed to sign Power of Attorney documents that came from Europe via email.

It would be easier to find a way to sign online (I have done this before for some insurance via DocuSign) but the sender did not provide any options.

When I signed via DocuSign, the insurance company directed me to a special site where I could sign the document. They sent some kind of link and it was quick and easy. This document came without any links. Can I somehow download or use some kind of software to accomplish this?

• Like 1

When I had an out of state CPA still doing my taxes after I moved, and also when I signed legal documents from that state pertaining to an accident case, we asked to be sent pdf's and signed them on the iPad using Adobe Reader.

When I had an out of state CPA still doing my taxes after I moved, and also when I signed legal documents from that state pertaining to an accident case, we asked to be sent pdf's and signed them on the iPad using Adobe Reader.

I got a pdf but I am still waiting to get a password sent separately for permission to either fill it out online or even print it.

Perhaps it will work this way.

I have a Digital Signature that was scanned in.  I remember years ago, using that to sign a Contract with a someoner in FL. He sent me a .PDF file and I signed and dated it and emailed it back to him.

Sometimes the original (non digital) signature is required, on paper, but if one is lucky, a Digital Signature is OK.  I have used that Digital Signature and Pasted it into MS WORD documents, etc.  

• Like 1

I think it depends.  My dd and her husband had to sign legal papers for immigration, and a digital signature was not acceptable.  She did not have mail service where she lived either.  It was very complicated but eventually they learned of a friend of theirs flying to the U.S., and he was able to take their signed paperwork and mail it to their attorney once he was in the U.S.