Menu

Need a "sit-on-the-counter-nibblin'-bundt-cake" without nuts.

We have friends coming in the first weekend of October. I have all my food stuff figured out except that I really like to have what I call a "nibblin'" cake sitting out under a cake dome available. However, the hubby part of this pair does not care for nuts. I was kind of thinking of a pound cake, but wondered if that was too plain??? He is a fan of chocolate, I know. But, I wouldn't want anything too goopey with glaze or anything. Just the kind of cake you can walk by and take a slice off of and carry around. I guess I could do brownies, but I am already doing oatmeal scotcheroo cookies. Plus, I wanted something more dessert-y b/c this cake would serve as dessert the first night and then just be available on the counter the rest of the long weekend. At least this is what I have in mind. Anyone have a yummy bundt cake with no nuts?

Triple Chocolate Cake

1 pckg. German chocolate cake mix

1 small box chocolate instant pudding

3/4 C oil

3/4 C water

4 eggs

1 t vanilla

1 12 oz. bag choclate chips (mini or reg.)

Blend all ingredients except choc. chips. Beat for 5 min. on med. (I never do this I just stir it by hand, but it is what the recipe says). Stir in chips.

Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 45 - 50 min.

Before serving sprinkle with powdered sugar.

P.S. I have also made this with raspberry chips.

We have friends coming in the first weekend of October. I have all my food stuff figured out except that I really like to have what I call a "nibblin'" cake sitting out under a cake dome available. However, the hubby part of this pair does not care for nuts. I was kind of thinking of a pound cake, but wondered if that was too plain??? He is a fan of chocolate, I know. But, I wouldn't want anything too goopey with glaze or anything. Just the kind of cake you can walk by and take a slice off of and carry around. I guess I could do brownies, but I am already doing oatmeal scotcheroo cookies. Plus, I wanted something more dessert-y b/c this cake would serve as dessert the first night and then just be available on the counter the rest of the long weekend. At least this is what I have in mind. Anyone have a yummy bundt cake with no nuts?

I have a chocolate cake that is really easy and good for snacking, because it holds together well. It is Inside Out Chocolate Bundt Cake. Seemingly a recipe from Jell-o and Baker's chocolate. The recipe I have uses no nuts, so you can just ignore that in the linked recipe. There is no glaze, but it looks very pretty with a light dusting of powdered sugar.

I have a chocolate cake that is really easy and good for snacking, because it holds together well. It is Inside Out Chocolate Bundt Cake. Seemingly a recipe from Jell-o and Baker's chocolate. The recipe I have uses no nuts, so you can just ignore that in the linked recipe. There is no glaze, but it looks very pretty with a light dusting of powdered sugar.

Did you notice that at the bottom of this yummy-sounding recipe there was a link for "how I lost 90 pounds?" Too funny! Bet this person didn't do that eating chocolate cake! :lol:

Thanks for sharing this!

Triple Chocolate Cake

1 small box chocolate pudding

3/4 C oil

3/4 C water

4 eggs

1 t vanilla

Blend all ingredients except choc. chips. Beat for 5 min. on med. (I never do this I just stir it by hand, but it is what the recipe says). Stir in chips.

I may try an amalgamation of this one and Sebastian's! But, you know what? I can no longer find the chocolate raspberry chips (are you talking about the one's that Hershey's put out?). I used to use them all the time to make chocolate raspberry fudge.

thanks for sharing!

Wow! What I like already about this cake is that it makes one serving and has no calories! :rolleyes:

Triple Chocolate Cake

1 small box chocolate pudding

3/4 C oil

3/4 C water

4 eggs

1 t vanilla

This is what I was going to post...love this Southern Living cookbook!

I may try an amalgamation of this one and Sebastian's! But, you know what? I can no longer find the chocolate raspberry chips (are you talking about the one's that Hershey's put out?). I used to use them all the time to make chocolate raspberry fudge.

thanks for sharing!

Yes, I use the ones made by Hershey's. I think I bought them last at Walmart.

My dd would like chocolate raspberry fudge! Thanks for the idea.

Yes, I use the ones made by Hershey's. I think I bought them last at Walmart.

My dd would like chocolate raspberry fudge! Thanks for the idea.

Our Wal-mart didn't carry these last year! I use the microwave fudge recipe from the back of the marshmallow creme jar, btw.

I use the microwave fudge recipe from the back of the marshmallow creme jar, btw.

Thanks for the tip. I have been using the stove top marshmellow cream recipe for so many years I have it memorized, so I haven't even looked at the jar to see what is new! I think I am going to have my dc try the microwave version this winter. They are still nervous about using the candy thermometer.

White Chip Pumpkin Spice Cake

Ingredients:

1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix

3 large eggs

1 cup canned pumpkin

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 cup white chocolate chips

White Chip Cinnamon Glaze, recipe follows

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan.

2. Combine cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk and vegetable oil in large mixer bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes; stir in morsels. Pour into prepared bundt pan.

3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 25 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle half of Glaze over cake; serve with remaining glaze.

4. For White Chip Cinnamon Glaze: Heat 3 tablespoons evaporated milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add 1 cup (6 ounces) white chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in ½ teaspoon cinnamon.

Ingredients:

3 large eggs

1 cup canned pumpkin

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1/3 cup vegetable oil

Directions:

2. Combine cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk and vegetable oil in large mixer bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes; stir in morsels. Pour into prepared bundt pan.

3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 25 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle half of Glaze over cake; serve with remaining glaze.

4. For White Chip Cinnamon Glaze: Heat 3 tablespoons evaporated milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add 1 cup (6 ounces) white chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in ½ teaspoon cinnamon.

Oh, my goodness! This sounds incredible! Maybe we need two sittin' around cakes! :D

Kentucky Butter Cake!!!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kentucky-Butter-Cake/Detail.aspx

We love this cake...everyone I have ever served this cake loves it too! It is not for the faint of heart in terms of fat and calories, but it is for a special treat, right? Serve it with whipped cream and berries for dessert and then snack the rest of the weekend. Not chocolate, but then no chocolate crumbs spilled on the floor. :)

Wendy

Ingredients:

3 large eggs

1 cup canned pumpkin

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1/3 cup vegetable oil

Directions:

Yummy! Yum! Yumyumyumyumyumyumyum!

I would eat pumpkin anything!

Here's my favorite. Decadent yet a comfort food. :)

Chocolate Chip banana Bundt Cake

2 c choc chips (mixed with 2 tbsp of the flour below)

3 c flour (less the 2 tbsp of flour) --mix these three items in a bowl

1 tbsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 c (2 large) mashed bananas --mix these three items in a 2nd bowl

1/4 c milk

1 tbsp vanilla

1 c butter, softened With electric mixer, beat butter & sugar, then add

1 1/2 c sugar eggs one at a time, mixing well. In 3 additions each,

4 large eggs add flour and banana mixtures until just combined.

Add the chocolate chips, and scrape into buttered and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350* 65 - 75 minutes or until pick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and invert from pan.

• 3 weeks later...

I made BOTH the white chocolate pumpkin cake and the triple chocolate cake. Both were FABULOUS! I wound up doing the chocolate for our guests since I had done something pumpkin the last time they were here. Just wanted to post that these are both now in my permanent file! Thanks, again!