Menu

Update on my dog

itsheresomewhere

For those of you who remember the crappy visit last time with my dog.    

We saw a new vet that was recommended for giant breeds. What a difference.  The problem is not lymes but a shoulder/elbow problem with arthritis.  Dog now has some meds to help her and we now have a plan if these meds don't work. This vet says she doesn't have a weight problem and she is a big dog within ideal range.  

• Like 8

I am glad you found someone to help.

Our last dog had reoccurring UTI's and was getting around much worse than he should have been at 8 years old.  We went to vet after vet with no real help.  Dh was talking to his cousin about Lyme and I started digging online about Lyme and dogs.  I found a video of a dog with lyme limping and it was a pretty specific limp.  I told my dh to watch and that Lyme was the problem.  He called a vet we hadn't seen before and asked if they would test him for Lyme, if not we were going to call around until we found one.  We brought him in and due to being a tough dog he was playful and not acting like he was in pain.  The vet said he didn't have lyme but would test him anyway.  He was off the charts with Lyme. Our dog had to be put down at about 16 and many of the years between 7 and 16 were good.

Edited by Mama Geek