Menu

Anyone have a good recipe to jazz up a cake mix for cupcakes (wanting to do some for graduation and just planning now!)

Prairie~Phlox

All the ones in Hello, Cupcake are really good. In the back, they have ones to make "perfect cake mix cupcakes." Basically they suggest buttermilk for the liquid and an extra egg. But they also have some others that jazz them up into other flavors.

Thanks, I just looked and my library has it as an electronic book, so I will check it out.

Unless you have cake mixes that you just want to use up, why not bake them from scratch?  With the effort needed to jazz up the box, you could just as easily make them yourself and you have endless recipe possibilities.

DD and I made a spice cake for her birthday just a couple days ago.  (and don't get me started on canned frosting. . . )

• Like 1

Dd hates cherries, so even though she can't eat any of the cupcakes because she's gf, she would have a fit if I said cherry. I want to use cakemixes for ease of making them. I'm doing all of the food and we're talking probably 75 cupcakes. I will make homemade frosting, but I can't eat the cupcakes eaither & when I could, I didn't always care for homemade cake vs a cake mix. I know the results from a cakemix will be good & since I can't try them, I won't take the chance, plus I fo have a few mixes on hand already, that will still be good in May.

These are from the Cake Mix Doctor forums and are delicious. I hate cake mix snobs like them. ;) They're better the day after they're baked.

Erin's Not so Plain Vanilla Cake

1 box vanilla or French vanilla or white cake mix

1 box vanilla instant pudding

1 cup vanilla yogurt

1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter

1/2 cup milk

4 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix together, then beat on medium for 2 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-19 minutes.

• Like 1