Menu

Making A Murderer

SeaConquest

I have two episodes left. I'd be done if I didn't have to wait for DH. I fully intend on starting a spoiler thread when I finish. All I can say right now is, damn, if you are poor and/or not bright, the legal system in this country is not your friend.

• Like 3

Looks interesting! Before I start watching, how gruesome/scary is it? 

Episode 1 was neither gruesome nor scary.  It's a documentary consisting mostly of interviews with lawyers and the family.

There were a couple of pictures of the sexual assault victim that are disturbing.

I have no idea what is in the remaining episodes.

Episode 1 was neither gruesome nor scary.  It's a documentary consisting mostly of interviews with lawyers and the family.

There were a couple of pictures of the sexual assault victim that are disturbing.

I have no idea what is in the remaining episodes.

Thanks! Just wanted to know what I might be getting myself into. Will probably check it out later this evening.

I just started watching it. Anyone else being driven nuts by the mispronunciation of Dvorak? 

How is it usually pronounced? I live south of Manitowoc and the way I'm hearing it on the show is how I hear it pronounced here.   I wonder if the Dvoraks I know are so used to people saying it wrong that they just go with it. 

I hate trying to change my pronunciation when I find out I've been saying it wrong- I always mess it up!

Edited by Annie G

How is it usually pronounced? I live south of Manitowoc and the way I'm hearing it on the show is how I hear it pronounced here. I wonder if the Dvoraks I know are so used to people saying it wrong that they just go with it.

I hate trying to change my pronunciation when I find out I've been saying it wrong- I always mess it up!

I haven't decided if I'm going to watch the show yet, but I had to comment on the weird pronunciations of the area. DH grew up in Calumet county and they do pronounce a lot of names (and others words) strangely.

• Like 1

I haven't decided if I'm going to watch the show yet, but I had to comment on the weird pronunciations of the area. DH grew up in Calumet county and they do pronounce a lot of names (and others words) strangely.

I've found a lot of their communication (mostly the family, but others, too) odd.  Pronunciation being just the tip of the iceberg.

It's been quite an experience- I was raised in Atlanta and when we moved up here it was almost like moving to a different country.  Dialect that I had trouble understanding, phrases I had to learn, customs I knew nothing about....and 20 years later I'm still learning new things.