Menu

IPhone deal until Sunday night

Liz CA

Thanks, I'm going to try to get one as I'm still using an Iphone 4 and my dh has an old iphone 5 to turn in...

ETA: They didn't have any in stock anywhere near me so I didn't get the gift card, but the store was able to order one for me so I'm thrilled to get a new phone for $1.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Another deal on the iphone 6s is with At&t.  If you buy one on their Next plan, which is $22 month for 30 months, you get one free.  Good until the end of the year.  My dh and I got one last week.  On the next plan they discount some of their other fees and it turned out cheaper than buying it outright.  Definitely cheaper with the free one.

Why don't they have this deal for new accounts?

They do. There are no gift cards, but the phones are $1. 

This is what we got my parents for Christmas. You have to switch your number over. However, if you don't want to do that. You can buy a cheap pre-paid phone and then bring that number over. That is what we did as we didn't want to move my parents' numbers before we give them the phones. They will be changing phone companies, but we were able to get a plan for the same amount they now are paying for two flip-phones that just make calls. 

Wish us luck when we give the gifts. No one knows how this gift will be received, but we think they will enjoy getting picture texts and having a calendar and notepad on their phones. If it goes horribly wrong, we have 3 days to return everything for a full refund. We are scheduled to see them for our Christmas together on Monday, so it will be within the three days. 

I have to give credit to my oldest for handling all of this. We had an out-of-town event to go to today. We took two cars as I wasn't sure how long everyone would stay. I took some kids and she took some. On the way home, she decided to go by a Best Buy near where she had stopped for something else. They were out, but found some at a store 15 minutes away. So they went back to that store, which they had driven by earlier. It was a zoo. They were  there for more than 3 hours. Thankfully, the younger 3 kids found ways to entertain themselves in the store while she waited/worked with the salesperson. 

Couldn't edit, but needed to add. I don't know if there are gift cards for people who have phones to trade in who are new to those carriers. We have never had iphones, so we didn't have anything to trade in.

For us, two $1 phones was enough of a deal.

Sorry, I'm one of the lurkers who only comes out once in a blue moon with a random question or comment. 

:001_rolleyes:

Anyways, here's my question:

Did they change your line access fee at all through Verizon when you got the phone? We're paying $40 per line right now. Would that stay the same or would it increase?

Thanks for any help, y'all!

I'm not sure, amsunshine, about your question, but I did talk to both Best Buy and Verizon. They're very helpful! I did the online chat with BB and called Verizon. There is no increase in line access fees. The only way you'd start paying more on your monthly bill is if you sign up for the payment plan instead of the 2-year contract renewal. That's the answer to my question. I hope you find the answer to yours!

Does anyone know what happens if your contract is not up for another few months?  Does it just get extended by 2 years past the original end date?

Dd20 wanted to take advantage of this deal, but her sprint contract is not up until Jan or Feb so it would not work. I have no idea if there are other details about our situation that might not apply to you, though, so I think it's worth it just to go through the process of trying!

• Like 1

Dd20 wanted to take advantage of this deal, but her sprint contract is not up until Jan or Feb so it would not work. I have no idea if there are other details about our situation that might not apply to you, though, so I think it's worth it just to go through the process of trying!

I'm not sure why, but for some reason, I was eligible for an early upgrade now even though my contract was not officially up for another 2 months.  I was glad I checked.

Edited by amsunshinetemp