Menu

Christmas gift conundrum

momofkhm

My brother is in an odd relationship.  Mom and I can't figure it out.  They live in the same house but both have their own bedrooms.  She owns the house (the mortgage is in her name), he pays rent. 

I was talking to my brother this morning and he considers her family.  But did admit on the phone this morning that the relationship is "weird".  They will never get married.  She had 2 awful marriages - both guys were completely different once the vows were spoken.  So more than dating, living together but not exactly.  I've met her, we staying there for Thanksgiving.  But I don't really know her.  (She's nice though!)

They are late 40's/early 50's.  Live out in the boondocks.  Have 4 dogs.  Have signed up to be a place where the vet can drop off feral cats that have been fixed and gotten a rabies shot.  10 acres.  Large garden.   She enjoys cooking, but she "plays" with food, not really into cookbooks.  (Really good cook!  Loved the food while there!)

Evidently she was quite surprised last year when mom gave her something for Christmas.  So I need to send something small.

Brother is hard to buy for as well.  He is getting an Amazon gift card.

Maybe another Amazon gift card?  Other ideas?  I don't want her to feel like *she* has to reciprocate.  Whatever brother gets us is enough.