Menu

Need your best GF/DF appetizer recipe to take to a party

Ginevra

I just did GF/DF (and vegetarian!) food for my dd's bday party as she wanted ALL the kids to be able to eat everything:)

It was a laid back thing: I did torilla chips (corn) in various flavors with a 7-layer type dip: vegetarian refried beans, a taco-style veggie meat substitute, pico, guacamole, vegan sour cream, then lettuce shreds, vegan cheese shreds, cherry tomato halves, olives. It looks pretty and is simple and tasty.

Veggie platter with hummus, GF tortillas with melted vegan cheese rolled up and sliced with toothpicks, a corn/black bean style salad with lime and cilantro, fruit trays with caramel dip.

Maybe something there would work...

• Like 1

I just did GF/DF (and vegetarian!) food for my dd's bday party as she wanted ALL the kids to be able to eat everything:)

It was a laid back thing: I did torilla chips (corn) in various flavors with a 7-layer type dip: vegetarian refried beans, a taco-style veggie meat substitute, pico, guacamole, vegan sour cream, then lettuce shreds, vegan cheese shreds, cherry tomato halves, olives. It looks pretty and is simple and tasty.

Veggie platter with hummus, GF tortillas with melted vegan cheese rolled up and sliced with toothpicks, a corn/black bean style salad with lime and cilantro, fruit trays with caramel dip.

Maybe something there would work...

Your post jogged my memory that the host also doesn't eat red meat, so vegetarian is also a good idea!

• Like 2

Almond meal mixed with seasonings and good olive oil tastes remarkably like a Parmesan-bread crumb filling in stuffed tomatoes or mushrooms. You could add a little nutritional yeast to make it "cheesier."

Fancy deviled eggs

Bacon (check for gluten) wrapped dates

Guacamole, salsa, and corn chips

If you search paleo appetizers, you will hit on lots if you're on Pinterest. :)