Menu

Pre-teen Junior Dresses?

Sneezyone

My daughter is in that horrible, awful, no-man's land of sizes. The girl size 16s are too small across the chest and back. The adult size 4-6s are too long and/or inappropriate. I'm looking for some cute, age-appropriate dresses (navy or denim) in adult PS for this year's Santa picture.

Can anyone recommend their go-to retailers for trendy but not form-fitting dresses?

Edited by Sneezyone

Yes, a girls' 18/20 would work, thanks. I've found some really cute dresses through the years w/soutache, fraying and ruffle techniques. Size is the major issue right now because her shoulders are so broad. I could make one I'm just too lazy.

Edited by Sneezyone

Oh it's so hard! I've been looking for something my dd can wear to church. It is really hard to find anything appropriate that she's also willing to wear in these sizes! So many of the "church dresses/outfits" look so little-girlish... "NO bows, Mom!" And then there's the other extreme...

• Like 1

I remember when my girls were in that stage.  It was a difficult year for clothes shopping.  We had luck, though, at:

Ann Taylor Loft's petites section.

Gap (quite likely to have denim--they actually have a lot of dresses)

Lucky (they had a cute denim dress in the outlet store a week or so ago)

Our winter standbys at that age were sweater dresses.

• Like 1

I will check Ann Taylor. For conservative and yet slightly trendy, that could work.  Haven't tried Lucky but will do that. Gap was a no go. I did find this tho which, on her petite frame, would not be quite so short. She'll be wearing tights or leggings anyway.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/element-marisa-plaid-skater-dress/4130234?origin=keywordsearch