Menu

To my wonderful husband...

Dicentra

To my wonderful husband... Thank you for fixing the electric horse fence. It had been shorting out and, hence, was actually turned off for the last few weeks. I had gotten used to simply lifting it with my arm as I ducked underneath to fill water buckets, put out hay, and visit with the horses. It would have been extra nice if you had TOLD ME THAT IT WAS FIXED AND WAS NOW OPERATIONAL but I'm sure the tingling in my molars and the numbness in my arm will go away soon. Love you, hon. :)

• Like 27

Oh, poor you!  I feel your pain.  Every winter I get in the habit of just ducking through our electric fences, because snow clothes are more than adequate protection.  Every spring-it never fails.  I forget and go through in a shirt.  The fence hits the bare skin on my back where my shirt pulls up from my pants-YEEOUCH!

• Like 2

:lol:

(Glad you're ok & hope that the tingling stops soon!)

I'm fine. :D  I edited my post and removed the word "left" because I thought about it afterwards and realized people might think that I was having a cardiac event.  It's nothing so serious. :) I've been zapped many, many times.  You'd think I'd eventually learn not to duck under the fence... ;)

• Like 4

I'm fine. :D  I edited my post and removed the word "left" because I thought about it afterwards and realized people might think that I was having a cardiac event.  It's nothing so serious. :) I've been zapped many, many times.  You'd think I'd eventually learn not to duck under the fence... ;)

Absolutely not. Because that would imply that failure to learn is...less than brilliant.  Which is totally not true.  For reals.

• Like 2

I don't have experience with electric fences much, but I can empathize with the 'not learning' part. I blended my fingers with my stick blender in an attempt to quickly clean under the blades (cream cheese was stuck underneath). I was wiping it out with my fingers while holding it under running water so that I could turn around and use it again for a salad dressing. My other hand slipped down and pressed the bottom. That hurt...a lot, and one would think that I would never clean it again while it is plugged in. Nope, a month-ish later I did the exact same thing. I remind myself of that whenever I am tempted to be flabbergasted at my children for repeating stupid behaviors.  :lol:

• Like 1

To my wonderful husband... Thank you for fixing the electric horse fence. It had been shorting out and, hence, was actually turned off for the last few weeks. I had gotten used to simply lifting it with my arm as I ducked underneath to fill water buckets, put out hay, and visit with the horses. It would have been extra nice if you had TOLD ME THAT IT WAS FIXED AND WAS NOW OPERATIONAL but I'm sure the tingling in my molars and the numbness in my arm will go away soon. Love you, hon. :)

Does anyone else have Star Wars dialog playing in their head?  Or maybe I'm just a geek.

OP, glad you're OK.

• Like 1

Oh, poor you!  I feel your pain.  Every winter I get in the habit of just ducking through our electric fences, because snow clothes are more than adequate protection.  Every spring-it never fails.  I forget and go through in a shirt.  The fence hits the bare skin on my back where my shirt pulls up from my pants-YEEOUCH!

Been there, done that. :) Felt like my head was going to explode.  I honestly thought there would be a big burn mark on my lower back - it zapped me GOOD.  Sigh...  Someday we'll learn...  Someday... ;)

I don't have experience with electric fences much, but I can empathize with the 'not learning' part. I blended my fingers with my stick blender in an attempt to quickly clean under the blades (cream cheese was stuck underneath). I was wiping it out with my fingers while holding it under running water so that I could turn around and use it again for a salad dressing. My other hand slipped down and pressed the bottom. That hurt...a lot, and one would think that I would never clean it again while it is plugged in. Nope, a month-ish later I did the exact same thing. I remind myself of that whenever I am tempted to be flabbergasted at my children for repeating stupid behaviors.  :lol:

Owwwwwwwwwww!!  Those blades are sharp!

• Like 1

Ouch!  That hurts!

Dh once was thoughtful and turned up the water heater on Thanksgiving. His thinking was, that since we would be doing extra showers and dishes and such, he didn't want to run me out of hot water in the kitchen.....Yeah, he forgot to tell me.  I singed my hand under the faucet several times, before I figured out how helpful he was.   My hands hurt/burned all day thanks to that one.  Once I asked him to turn it down, it was still so hot.  I should have sent someone up to run a tub of water to get the super heated water out of the tank, but didn't think about that until later. 

• Like 1