Menu

Skip counting?

lea_lpz

Where do you get skip counting songs? Are there good online sites, ideally free, or affordable suggestions? How's it work? My guess is they can use it to learn times tables? She is just learning x1-3 up to 12. She can count by 2's but we've never learned skip counting by 4's, 4's, etc. It sounds a lot easier than the way we memorized times tables.

School House Rock! They have fun songs on all kinds of topics (parts of speech, the Constitution...) but their skip-counting are actually intended to be for kids learning multiplication, and they're available on YouTube. Just search YouTube for "schoolhouse rock multiplication" and you'll have 'em all!

Thanks a bunch! I hated learning my multiplication tables and want this to be as painless as possible for dd!

We used the CC skip counting songs, but agree the CD is not cheap. Most of them are set to common tunes though so if you have a friend with a CD she could tell you the song names they are set to and you can use that to figure it out maybe??

We used the CÇ songs via the app. I also made little cards with the numbers on them. We would make a line and then sing the song. Then I would take away a couple of the cards and sing again, different ones each time, until they were gone. It was fun game and really made them stick faster.

Where do you get skip counting songs? Are there good online sites, ideally free, or affordable suggestions? How's it work? My guess is they can use it to learn times tables? She is just learning x1-3 up to 12. She can count by 2's but we've never learned skip counting by 4's, 4's, etc. It sounds a lot easier than the way we memorized times tables.

I grew up with Skip Count Kid songs (#2-10) and play them for my kids now. The album is on iTunes. The kids like them and they are catchy, so stick quickly. There is a regular version and a Bible version.

• Like 1