Menu

Tell me about Sprouts grocery store.

JumpyTheFrog

In our area it is somewhat comparable to TJ's, however, they have more organic produce and meat prices are sometimes higher. Overall, it seems to me that the quality of the products are a cut above TJ's in terms of organic and biodynamic availability. They also have fresh seafood.

Sort of TJs/Whole Foods/Fresh Market hybrid. Not as high end as WF. Lots of house brands like TJs but regular brand varieties too. Produce section, butcher counter, and deli counter, not prepackaged stuff at TJs. Great prices on the same toiletries and cleaning supplies that WF carries. Meats and produce seem to be in between my regular grocery and WF. Good prices on dairy. Bakery is meh. Clean, bright stores with helpful employees.

• Like 2

Most of their pantry items are expensive to me. Much more than Trader Joes. I can get the same brands they sell at other local stores for a lot less. (Winco, Costco, T.J.s) But they do carry raw milk and have good meat prices. They have different kinds of meat, too, like elk, bison, lamb, kangaroo, or boar. When I go, I usually get a $2 lamb shank, a $1 head of organic cabbage, and a gallon of raw milk, but not much else.

Sprouts is currently the grocery store closest to where we live so I'm ther more than I might otherwise be. They are on par with Trader Joe's except that they have a substantial bulk section whereas TJ's has none. Their prices are what's to be expected for carrying specialty, natural and organic items that you don't always see at regular grocery stores. Good house brand and weekly sales that sometimes beat out even Aldi.