Menu

StitchFix review

plansrme

I signed up for StitchFix after a discussion on here several weeks ago.  I'd toyed with the idea for a while, but a couple of favorable comments in that thread persuaded me to give it a try.  I had read mixed reviews online, but I realized that many of those reviews were from people who are super-picky about their clothes.  I am not that picky, but I like nice clothes.  On the other hand, I don't like to shop.  Sooooo, my first box of clothes came today, and I'm keeping it all!  I received one pair of pants, three tops and a necklace.  I love the pants, two of the tops and the necklace.  I am keeping the third top because the discount for buying all five items is more than the cost of the top, so it would cost me more to return it.  I like it okay; I don't love it, but it could grow on me.

I did not put a lot of comments and special requests, as I figured if I were going to specify exactly what I would want, I should just go buy it myself.  I think I specified only (1) "no purses," as I AM super-picky about purses; and (2) no heavy sweaters or outer wear, since I live in Atlanta, and it's still 70 degrees here.  

My total for the box came out to $217, with the 20% discount for buying all five items and the $20 credit for the stylist's fee (so really $237). The individual prices ranged from $28 (the necklace) to $98 (the pants).  You specify price ranges with which you're comfortable, and I put "as cheap as possible" for accessories, and up to $150 for pants or dresses.  I felt like the stylist did a good job of paying attention to my parameters.

Hope that helps someone who is toying with giving StichFix a try!  

• Like 5

I'm really intrigued by this. I hate shopping for clothes and think nothing looks good on me. Wondering if I'd actually like anything.

I have to say I do not exactly have a model body, and I think my outfits look good on me.  I wear a 10 or 12 (I've lost 10 pounds recently, so closer to a 10 these days).  You can specify whether you want flowy or fitted and what sorts of hemlines you like.  You can even send them pictures of yourself.  I didn't send them any pictures or Pinterest links on the grounds, again, that if I wanted to pick it out myself, I would just pick it out myself, but I could see that sending a picture of yourself might be useful.  If you don't like any of it, you're only out the $20 stylist's fee.  

• Like 1

I'll be the dissenting opinion. I know a lot of people love stitch fix.

I tried it a few months ago. The first box came - loved the clothes but all of them were too big, despite the fact that I had sent my sizing. (And I am a fairly average size. I wear stuff off the rack all the time, no tailoring, etc.). Ok, I tried again with specific measurements - bust, waist,hips, inseam and shoulders. Again, all of the clothes looked like maternity clothes for someone twice my size. I emailed them and said I was frustrated that I got yet another box of clothes that I couldn't wear despite being very clear about sizing. They wouldn't refund my money but they did give me one more fix for free. No joke- same problem although this time they put in more jewelry. So I have not signed up for another one.

OP, are you me??  I just got my first StitchFix yesterday too! And inside was...a pair of pants, 3 tops, and a necklace!  I did specify that I'm always cold so they included a cardigan and a cowl sweater ( :ack2: ) but I was pleased that the stylist responded to my request.  The top they included is such a pretty color, so I may keep that.  I'm undecided on the cardigan...it's long enough it feels piratey to me...and it's HANDWASH/LAY FLAT TO DRY..and it's black and we have a white dog (I seem to be talking myself out it).  The cowl neck sweater--nope, mentally I just can't do a cowl neck. The necklace is just going to snag whatever I would wear it with so it's going back.  

But the pants?? I LOVE the pants.  Wow. And they're machine wash/dry. 

Can't wait to see what I get next month!