Menu

POLL: What's the first school subject of your school day?

With what subject do you start your school day?  

1. 1. With what subject do you start your school day?

• Grammar
    • Handwriting
    • History
    • Language (Latin, Spanish, French, German, etc.)
    • Math
    • Reading
    • Religious instruction
    • Science
    • Spelling
    • Other (please post what it is)

We go swimming every second day or for an hours cycle the other days at about 6.30. It is great for us all to share this quality time with dh before his work and the day begins and everyone feels better all day. After that it is maths...
That sounds perfect and something that would energize me and get some excite out of the boys early in the day. We start our mornings with TV or video games and drag our butts all day. Something's got to change, but I really need that time to get the little ones dealt with to survive school time.
This includes either philosophy/values/character/ethics or, more recently, geography and election/political issues discussion.

Oh, one other thing. We start with the above at 8:30, but before that, everyone gets up at 6 and we all read for about 60-90 minutes. ...The whole family is together in the same room when we do this-

I really love how you start your day. I could picture my family doing that when more can read and we have less little ones distracting us. What fun family togetherness you all have. Enjoy it.

I wasn't looking for any ideas in this thread but I've found some real gems. Thanks ladies!:001_smile:

All three of my kids watch it, so that's the first subject of the official school day at about 9am. My oldest often gets a subject in before then, though. If we don't plan on art at 9, then it gets impossible for all three boys to coordinate their stopping points. This DVD works great because I can listen and watch while I organize some of their other subjects. Sometimes I just listen and watch because it's a great series.

This sounds like a cool way to start the day!