• Hershey
    • Nestle
    • Dove
    • Godiva
    • Ghiardelli
    • Other

Belgian chocolates.

I used to be perfectly happy w/ Hershey's... until I married a Belgian. :D

My ds loves Doves. We keep them all the time. When he was a toddler, he loved eating them (of course), then having me read him the message on the inside of the wrapper. No matter what the message was, he would always add his own 'message' to theirs. He truly believed that the message did (or should) end with, "And Eat More Candy". I still think of that when I read the Dove messages.

LOL.

The chocolate my dh stashes in the safe for me for those times of the month,(he doles it out for me and has to keep it in the safe or i will eat it all) is either 70% or 80% Lindt dark chocolate. Its fairly commonly available here. I dont like the cheaper brands any more, I have become a chocolate snob.

But there are places that sell beautiful organic dark chocolate nowadays and I don't mind trying different brands- often exotic ones. I like to support free trade chocolate growers, as it is one of those products that involves a lot of child labour and virtual slavery in third world countries (its pretty ghastly when you realise the horror that goes into getting that chocolate to you). Better to support the brands which pay their workers well.