Menu

my best-beloved Brother laser printer on Amazon Deals today

I have owned this printer for 3+ years, and it has saved me so much money! Mine works just fine on off-brand toner from Amazon, and very, very seldom needs replacing (I spend $15-30 / YEAR on toner, for instance; it does all my homeschool stuff plus stuff for classes).

In case you're in the market for a printer, this one is top-notch and on a great sale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PMJ7NUO?ref_=gbps_img_s-3_0382_fed3da87_GB-SUPPL&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Like 1

I have owned this printer for 3+ years, and it has saved me so much money! Mine works just fine on off-brand toner from Amazon, and very, very seldom needs replacing (I spend $15-30 / YEAR on toner, for instance; it does all my homeschool stuff plus stuff for classes).

In case you're in the market for a printer, this one is top-notch and on a great sale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PMJ7NUO?ref_=gbps_img_s-3_0382_fed3da87_GB-SUPPL&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Ditto everything.

• Like 1

Those of you that own this must post the link to the off-brand toner you usually get for those of us who just pushed the buy button.

I always buy this one, and have been 100% satisfied with it. I've never used a different one, except the Brother one that came with the machine, so I don't have anything to compare it with otherwise. Compared to the Brother one, I can find no difference. 

This is an incredible price... But I liked being able to print in color if I so choose. So I'd have to keep my inkjet too. Hmmm. Something to think about.

I do this -- I have my workhorse b&w laser and then I keep an inkjet beside it. The Brother laser actually has a really small footprint and is lightweight, so it's not a big deal to me. I like having the inkjet for the color option, and copying, and the occasional photo.

I just buy whatever type comes up first in Amazon - ha! Usually a 2-pack, because I keep one in reserve (and when I put it in, I order the next set, so I am *never* out of ink / toner).

I don't print in color all that often, but when I do, I just upload my files to Staples and swing by and pick them up when they're ready. For the cost, I much prefer their professional machines.

This is an incredible price... But I liked being able to print in color if I so choose. So I'd have to keep my inkjet too. Hmmm. Something to think about.

I did this for a few years. When (another) inkjet crapped out on me, I did without for a while, then finally bought a fancy schmancy color laser. It's such a wonderful luxury!

I have an almost identical model except mine doesn't do the automatic duplexing, and I love it so much. I've used it for years and it works just as well as the day I bought it. I've been telling dh that when mine dies I'm going to upgrade to the wireless model with automatic duplexing, but honestly, I think I'm going to have this one until dd graduates, at the rate it's going. 

I have my brother laser printer and an Epson inkjet with a continuous ink system. Totally worth it for us. Printing costs are almost negligible at our house, whether color or b&w. I think I've replaced our toner maybe 3 times in the 3 or 4 years since we got it, and it works wonderfully (3rd party toner). Our printing situation makes PDF curricula that much more appealing.

Once our Brother dies, I will be getting one with automatic duplex. Our current one is wireless, which is very handy, but the duplex would be perfect.

I always buy this one, and have been 100% satisfied with it. I've never used a different one, except the Brother one that came with the machine, so I don't have anything to compare it with otherwise. Compared to the Brother one, I can find no difference.

Ooh, I'm going to try that one. The first time I replaced I bought this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LO3SQO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

It jammed up repeatedly. After 100 pages or so I trashed it. I've bought the brother brand since, but I will try the eps next time.

What was the sale price? I just stuck the printer in my cart and it (just the printer) is 49.99 today. Just wondering if it was much less the other day.

It was $60 the other day - they must be getting rid of them!

(I also realized after reading this thread that mine LOOKS like that one, but is, in fact, the wireless & auto-duplexing model. Still my best-beloved. :) )

• Like 1