Menu

applications have been submitted...

teachermom2834

Now just to wait six or seven months to see how it all plays out ???!?!?!!!!!!!

I guess there will be scholarship applications and PROFILE and FAFSA to keep us busy. As well as a few visits. Ugh.

Congratulations on getting that done!  The waiting is the worst...  And yes, more fun things ahead!

Nancy in NH

• Like 1

Dd finished one here. Such a relief! This one is early decision. She's going to complete an early action this weekend for her second choice. She's got three other schools that she might consider if the decisions she gets mid December aren't in her favor. Getting everything for that first one was great! Congrats to you for being finished.

• Like 2

and mid-year reports!

Regards,

Kareni

Yes...but ds is part of an accredited homeschool umbrella and has a guidance counselor who has done all of the counselor tasks and will do the mid-year reports. My 10th grader is not part of such a program. I thought I didn't need it but it was so so nice to have our counselor do all of that part :)

• Like 1

My dd has all but one application in and she just received her first acceptance today!  It is one of her safeties, but as she's my oldest, it is such a relief to know she is definitely getting in somewhere next year. We're the first in both my family and my husband's family to homeschool so I know both families are curious to know how it all ends.  :D

• Like 10

My dd has all but one application in and she just received her first acceptance today!  It is one of her safeties, but as she's my oldest, it is such a relief to know she is definitely getting in somewhere next year. We're the first in both my family and my husband's family to homeschool so I know both families are curious to know how it all ends.  :D

Someone should start the thread for acceptances (hint, hint, hint).  I know I look forward to that thread (and list) every year and I'm positive it inspires those coming behind us to see that homeschoolers can get into all sorts of schools from safeties on up.

And yes, that first acceptance is such stress relief!  Congratulations!   :party:

• Like 7

My dd has all but one application in and she just received her first acceptance today! It is one of her safeties, but as she's my oldest, it is such a relief to know she is definitely getting in somewhere next year. We're the first in both my family and my husband's family to homeschool so I know both families are curious to know how it all ends. :D

Congratulations! Ds got an email today from someone in admissions at one school that will notify in December. She said she enjoyed his essay and thinks he is a strong candidate for the honors program. It was nice to get some feedback :)

• Like 10

Congratulations!  That is a huge milestone, and, yes, the waiting is somewhat painful.  But great to be done with the first bit of paperwork.

My daughter has submitted many (and has several decisions back already), but there are still a few waiting for bits and pieces before they go out...hopefully in the next week though.

(For many reasons, my kid has a ridiculous number of applications in play ;-) )

• Like 5

Someone should start the thread for acceptances (hint, hint, hint).  I know I look forward to that thread (and list) every year and I'm positive it inspires those coming behind us to see that homeschoolers can get into all sorts of schools from safeties on up.

And yes, that first acceptance is such stress relief!  Congratulations!   :party:

Start the acceptance thread, Melissa!