Menu

No! I am not ready for my babies to not be babies!

Kerileanne99

I should have more time! Right? Is there a super secret mom way to slow down the best moments? (Or speed up others?!)

The baby is 5.5 months old and looks about 8 months. He is the last baby we will have. He is enormous. He weighs 22 pounds and is looongg. Yesterday I bought him 12 month pjs and onesies.

That is bad enough but he is determined to move. He pulls himself along the floor. Today he managed to roll multiple times across the blanket to his toys whilst I went to throw a diaper away.

AND he said his first word very clearly. Guess what it wasn't? Mommy. Guess what it was? Dad:)

We even had daddy leave the room and come back in to test again. Yep, DAD. Big smiles and slobber to celebrate:)

Dd decided to do math this morning and politely asked me to go away so she could read her lesson in peace:(

Don't get me wrong, I love these things too...it is just so bitter sweet!

What moments do you recall that made you realize it was all moving way too quickly?

• Like 1

All of it. When the last little boy outgrew the newborn clothes that all five babies have worn, at all of six weeks old. It's been terribly unfair that my last baby is determined to be the least baby. My second and fourth babies acted more like babies for a long time (and the fourth one, at four, still has a lot of cuddly baby in him); at just over two, my fifth baby hardly acts like a baby at all. He wants to GO and DO all the time and always has. (And yet, he calls everyone else by name but refers to himself as "Baby."). Every time he hits a milestone, it's the last time anyone will hit it.

My 13yo is taller than I am, no longer an 8 lb. 11 oz. pink wrapped bundle. My 10yo who wouldn't get off my lap at four jams on his guitar with DH and eats more than I do. My almost 7yo traded floppy baby curls and chubby cheeks for a Batman hoodie and a mouthful of missing baby teeth. No matter what, they all grow too fast. Way to fast. Hugs, mama -- bittersweet indeed!

just some:

watching a five year old teach himself to ride a bike - on gravel.

running errands and not having anyone in the car with me.

looking at colleges for 1dd

weaning dudeling.  

(I was glad when dss feet were bigger than mine.  then they stopped running off with my garden boots, or slippers.)

• Like 1

Whenever I feel like that, I remind myself that I wouldn't *really* want them to stay young forever. I mean... the most interesting bits of life happen when you're older. I wouldn't want to deny them that, just because I think they're so cute as babies.