Menu

She Made a Beautiful Dinner. Who Could Believe What Happened Next?

unsinkable

ME! That's who! Because it always happens

Does this happen to others? I made a beautiful spinach salad.

Teriyaki chicken, spinach, cukes, apples, purple onions, candied walnuts.

I put some dressing on, toss it to distribute the dressing and:

ALL THE YUMMY STUFF GOES TO THE BOTTOM.

I know, I know, it is all heavier than the spinach. But I hate that! It looks so pretty before I toss it.

• Like 3

I thought this was going to be about picky kids :D. Because that's what would happen next at my house. Which is why I rarely make beautiful dinners anymore.

:grouphug:

I get the picky eaters. We had years of pink pasta and naked meatballs because sauce made my kids:

:willy_nilly:

(This was a salad bar at home situation...I'm mostly first world complaining about my own salad.)

• Like 1

There is not enough catastrophe in this thread!

I was expecting:

- it fell on the floor

- the dog ate it

- it burned to a crisp, lighting the house on fire, attracting some very handsome firemen....

wait, what was this about?

The dog was particularly clumsy tonight. He missed every piece of chicken I tossed him. One piece somehow bounced under the stove so he had to lay down sideways n the floor and scrape it out with his paw.

• Like 2

I know, I know, it is all heavier than the spinach. But I hate that! It looks so pretty before I toss it.

I put it on the table untossed so everyone can see it, then I toss it when they get to the table. I just can't stand for no one to appreciate the beauty that is my spinach salads. :)

• Like 3

I put it on the table untossed so everyone can see it, then I toss it when they get to the table. I just can't stand for no one to appreciate the beauty that is my spinach salads. :)

When I used to cook at a restaurant, there was a couple who would only come in on the nights I worked bc the girl loved my salads bc they were so pretty. I didn't just toss the stuff on top, I arranged it.