Menu

S/O Go to doc or not....go to vet or not? Update #13

stephanier.1765

Last week my kitty had surgery to remove the ball from the top of his femur. Now he is sneezing, having a runny nose and runny eyes and is super clingy, which is not in his nature. Also, he's not eating much and I don't think he's pooped since the surgery. Should I take him to the vet to see if he is okay or can it wait until he has his stitches removed next week. He is on antibiotics. 

Thanks.

Update:

I took Havoc to the vet first thing this morning and he has lost a pound of weight in just the last week. She suspects he's not pooping because he's not eating and he's not eating because of the upper respiratory issues so she recommended chicken breast from the deli (Boar's Head, no less) and some Temptations.  He has no temperature and his incision looks good.

As soon as I dropped him off at home, I ran out and got both items and he has responded well to each of them. He especially gobbled those Temptations as if they were the last food on Earth.

I love this vet office. They didn't charge a thing for seeing him this morning.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I feel much better for having taken him in.  :001_smile:

• Like 3